Unable to play games on XP

My home PC is used by only myself. I have installed games
like DEUS EX2, Age of Mythologies and GTA3 but even
though they install i cannot play them because an error
message come up saying "Please login with administrator
privileges".. I AM!!!! the computer administrator, it
says so but will not allow me to play the games. I AM
able to modify windows in any way i want, like an
administrator can but it seems that i have no access to
my games. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanx. Robin.
4 answers Last reply
More about unable play games
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Robski28,

    There might be an easy workaround to this problem. Since you
    have access to the Administrator's account, use it to create a new
    account with Administrator privileges to install those game with.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Robski28" <robinj@rhilder.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:d68a01c43a8b$c69fc0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    | My home PC is used by only myself. I have installed games
    | like DEUS EX2, Age of Mythologies and GTA3 but even
    | though they install i cannot play them because an error
    | message come up saying "Please login with administrator
    | privileges".. I AM!!!! the computer administrator, it
    | says so but will not allow me to play the games. I AM
    | able to modify windows in any way i want, like an
    | administrator can but it seems that i have no access to
    | my games. Any help would be much appreciated.
    | Many thanx. Robin.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Go to http://208.57.82.170/extra/guestbook.asp?page=1 and
    you will be able to find the games or apps that will work
    or not for XP (not affiliated with MS)

    Shell / User
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    >Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=FH;[LN];gms
    http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    >MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=sz;en-us;top
    >My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
    confer any rights.

    >"Robski28" <robinj@rhilder.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:d68a01c43a8b$c69fc0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    >| My home PC is used by only myself. I have installed
    games
    >| like DEUS EX2, Age of Mythologies and GTA3 but even
    >| though they install i cannot play them because an error
    >| message come up saying "Please login with administrator
    >| privileges".. I AM!!!! the computer administrator, it
    >| says so but will not allow me to play the games. I AM
    >| able to modify windows in any way i want, like an
    >| administrator can but it seems that i have no access to
    >| my games. Any help would be much appreciated.
    >| Many thanx. Robin.
    >

    >.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    you may have locked down the computers setings via the
    BOIS menu on the starting of the computer. to access the
    BIOS menu on startup hit the F1 key. that may allow you to
    change the settings to get things working.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    I cant get Age of Empires to install. I go through the setup process, and then when it says copying files and gets to 100% it like locks up. I have tried to d/l DirectX 9. but what else do i need? I have a Pentium II processor

Games Microsoft Windows XP Video Games