Unable to play games on XP

Last response: in Video Games
May 15, 2004 11:49:08 AM

My home PC is used by only myself. I have installed games
like DEUS EX2, Age of Mythologies and GTA3 but even
though they install i cannot play them because an error
message come up saying "Please login with administrator
privileges".. I AM!!!! the computer administrator, it
says so but will not allow me to play the games. I AM
able to modify windows in any way i want, like an
administrator can but it seems that i have no access to
my games. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanx. Robin.

More about : unable play games

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:23:46 PM

Hi Robski28,

There might be an easy workaround to this problem. Since you
have access to the Administrator's account, use it to create a new
account with Administrator privileges to install those game with.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Robski28" <robinj@rhilder.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:D 68a01c43a8b$c69fc0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| My home PC is used by only myself. I have installed games
| like DEUS EX2, Age of Mythologies and GTA3 but even
| though they install i cannot play them because an error
| message come up saying "Please login with administrator
| privileges".. I AM!!!! the computer administrator, it
| says so but will not allow me to play the games. I AM
| able to modify windows in any way i want, like an
| administrator can but it seems that i have no access to
| my games. Any help would be much appreciated.
| Many thanx. Robin.
May 16, 2004 7:23:21 PM

Go to http://208.57.82.170/extra/guestbook.asp?page=1 and
you will be able to find the games or apps that will work
or not for XP (not affiliated with MS)

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"Robski28" <robinj@rhilder.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:D 68a01c43a8b$c69fc0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>| My home PC is used by only myself. I have installed
games
>| like DEUS EX2, Age of Mythologies and GTA3 but even
>| though they install i cannot play them because an error
>| message come up saying "Please login with administrator
>| privileges".. I AM!!!! the computer administrator, it
>| says so but will not allow me to play the games. I AM
>| able to modify windows in any way i want, like an
>| administrator can but it seems that i have no access to
>| my games. Any help would be much appreciated.
>| Many thanx. Robin.
>

>.

Related resources
May 17, 2004 10:44:54 AM

you may have locked down the computers setings via the
BOIS menu on the starting of the computer. to access the
BIOS menu on startup hit the F1 key. that may allow you to
change the settings to get things working.

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 1:21:03 PM

I cant get Age of Empires to install. I go through the setup process, and then when it says copying files and gets to 100% it like locks up. I have tried to d/l DirectX 9. but what else do i need? I have a Pentium II processor
!