Packard Bell, is a good brand?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

regismeller

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Hi people,

Is a my first post in forum, I´m a brazilian, I live in Brazil and need us help. My cousin live in london and will go back to Brazil, so I asked him to bring a notebook to me.

I have doubts between two models.

1) Toshiba A500-17X 16" Widescreen

* Intel Core 2 Duo processor P7450 (2.13Ghz, 1066Mhz, 3MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows (R) 7 Home Premium
* 4GB Memory DDR2 800MHz FSB
* 500GB Hard drive 5400RPM
* Nvidia GT 230M 1GB GDDR3
* Harman Kardon Speakers
* HDMI connectivity
* DVD+RW

2) Packard Bell IPOWER GX-M-010 17" widescreen

* Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8400 (2.26Ghz, 1066Mhz, 3MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows (R) Vista Home Premium
* 4GB Memory DDR3 1066MHz FSB
* 500GB Hard drive 5400RPM
* Nvidia 9800GTS 1GB GDDR3
* HDMI connectivity
* DVD+RW

Config of the PB is better, I know! But I don´t know this brand. Don´t exist in Brazil!

Wich the better choice?

Thanks a lot!

daredevilxxx

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
actually no one want tell exact answer for your question but generally packard bell users satisfied by their laptop and they think packard bell is really good brand.also acer bought %75 percent of packard bell but that does not mean packard bell quality decrease.Shortly packard bell can be choosen that is good brand.high probably i am gonna change my acer with packard bell.(for toshiba a few persons say that toshiba quality decrease in these days).if i were in your shoes i choose packard bell

regismeller

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Thank´s people! This news is very interesting but a bit exaggerated! I think the values are oversized! But it provides some sense!

Toshiba chose! Brand made a difference!

Regards!

zip2brain

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

Yes! For sure Packard bell is exellent for me, I had it for 3 years now using Vista Home Premium. If you read the history of Packard bell how they exist in the market and who is the pioneering in the industry no other than Packard bell. they have their own Electronics manufaturing industry and later was in the record as the largest computer distributor in U.S.A and in Europe. Now a days a lot of different models from different anufacturers competing each others but my EasyNote RS65 with C2D processor is comparable with the 2nd generation level performance.

Regards to all,

Status
Not open for further replies.