[40k] [Poll] Anyone like the new lightning claws?

Alrighty...

Seems that more than a few folks don't much care for the 'new' 4th
Ed style lightning claws. I haven't really paid much attention as I've
still got a load of old 'Space Hulk' termies I'm painting - so I won't
be buying new ones any time soon. Out of curiosity - who does or
doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?

Myrmidon

P.S. And before any of you cretins ask - NO! There won't be any
negative votes for Smithdoerr in this thread under pain of death!
(Or a really serious paper cut on your tongue.)

--
RGMW has always been brutally honest. It's probably why we're
considered the scum of the GW gaming community.

- Fog

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

More about poll lightning claws

    "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    > Alrighty...
    >

    > Out of curiosity - who does or
    > doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?

    I just don't like them as much as the old ones. they look like power gloves
    with a few spikes stuck on the knuckles. the old ones may not have been
    terribly convincing as weapons, but they were much more aesthetically
    appealing.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Alrighty...
    >>

    >> Out of curiosity - who does or
    >> doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?
    >
    > I just don't like them as much as the old ones. they look like power
    > gloves with a few spikes stuck on the knuckles. the old ones may not have
    > been terribly convincing as weapons, but they were much more aesthetically
    > appealing.

    Perfectly put.
    I agree completely.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snip

    >>>For the benefit of us newer folks, could someone post or link to a
    >>>picture
    >>>of these "old school" LCs, so we can see what the difference is?
    >
    > N00B.

    Yuppers. Gotta start somewhere.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Ryan Elkins wrote:
    > Snip

    >>N00B.
    >

    > Yuppers. Gotta start somewhere.

    I kinda of like them for power armor but they don't look good on Termies.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Desert Joe <jbos...@ridgnet.barf> wrote:

    > I kinda of like them for power armor but they don't look good on Termies.

    Hey,

    In principle, it's as perplexing as letting IG troopers take Power
    Fists.

    They'd have had to include a bionic spine, legs and counterweight:

    http://www.thewarp.net/war/thedropzone/pictures/Yarrick.gif

    These new things would be fine if they weren't called 'Lightning'
    Claws.

    Fluffwise, Termi LCs needed a power pack for the 'Lightning' effect.

    It was easy to believe this pack might fit into Termi armour somewhere.

    The new Claw Lite design skirts that obstacle by simply ignoring the
    fluff.

    So, supporting Design staff leisure time is a big part of The Hobby,
    now.

    I had a groan and good laugh the first time I saw that old Yarrick fig,
    too.

    Of course, the Studio later made amends for that atrocity . . .

    http://warlocke.bizland.com/images/40kimages/yarrick1.jpg

    [Sigh]

    Playa
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    > Alrighty...
    >

    > Seems that more than a few folks don't much care for the 'new'
    > 4th
    > Ed style lightning claws. I haven't really paid much attention
    > as I've
    > still got a load of old 'Space Hulk' termies I'm painting - so
    > I won't
    > be buying new ones any time soon. Out of curiosity - who does
    > or
    > doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?

    If you cut the blades off they would probably make pretty good
    looking power fists with brass knuckle attachments. Add a little
    bling spelling out MOFO and a little gold trim and you'd be set.

    But as lightning claws they look terrible. Why? Cause they look
    more like power fists with brass knuckle rakes attached to them
    than lightning claws. The hand part is way too big and clumsy
    and the blades need to be a tad longer. The older terminator
    lightning claws were a bit too bulky as well but they at least
    looked decent on terminator armor even if they were too big for
    power armor.

    --

    -smithdoerr
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Playa wrote:
    > Desert Joe <jbos...@ridgnet.barf> wrote:
    >

    >>I kinda of like them for power armor but they don't look good on Termies.
    >

    > Hey,
    >
    > In principle, it's as perplexing as letting IG troopers take Power
    > Fists.
    >
    > They'd have had to include a bionic spine, legs and counterweight:
    >
    > http://www.thewarp.net/war/thedropzone/pictures/Yarrick.gif
    >
    > These new things would be fine if they weren't called 'Lightning'
    > Claws.
    >
    > Fluffwise, Termi LCs needed a power pack for the 'Lightning' effect.
    >
    > It was easy to believe this pack might fit into Termi armour somewhere.
    >

    > The new Claw Lite design skirts that obstacle by simply ignoring the
    > fluff.
    >
    > So, supporting Design staff leisure time is a big part of The Hobby,
    > now.
    >
    > I had a groan and good laugh the first time I saw that old Yarrick fig,
    > too.
    >
    > Of course, the Studio later made amends for that atrocity . . .
    >
    > http://warlocke.bizland.com/images/40kimages/yarrick1.jpg
    >
    > [Sigh]
    >

    > Playa

    I like the first Yarick Better. I'd like the second one better but I
    like the old style Klaw better. Anyway LC are pretty muchs
    Powerfist/Powersword combi weapon. SO for the Lightning effect I would
    see no greater powersupply needed than a Power sword and they are self
    contained. I agree Powerfists look odd on Most IG.

Games Video Games