[40k] [Poll] Anyone like the new lightning claws?

Alrighty...

Seems that more than a few folks don't much care for the 'new' 4th
Ed style lightning claws. I haven't really paid much attention as I've
still got a load of old 'Space Hulk' termies I'm painting - so I won't
be buying new ones any time soon. Out of curiosity - who does or
doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?

Myrmidon

P.S. And before any of you cretins ask - NO! There won't be any
negative votes for Smithdoerr in this thread under pain of death!
(Or a really serious paper cut on your tongue.)

--
RGMW has always been brutally honest. It's probably why we're
considered the scum of the GW gaming community.

- Fog

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> Alrighty...
>

> Out of curiosity - who does or
> doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?

I just don't like them as much as the old ones. they look like power gloves
with a few spikes stuck on the knuckles. the old ones may not have been
terribly convincing as weapons, but they were much more aesthetically
appealing.

"Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
>> Alrighty...
>>

>> Out of curiosity - who does or
>> doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?
>
> I just don't like them as much as the old ones. they look like power
> gloves with a few spikes stuck on the knuckles. the old ones may not have
> been terribly convincing as weapons, but they were much more aesthetically
> appealing.

Perfectly put.
I agree completely.

Snip

>>>For the benefit of us newer folks, could someone post or link to a
>>>picture
>>>of these "old school" LCs, so we can see what the difference is?
>
> N00B.

Yuppers. Gotta start somewhere.

Ryan Elkins wrote:
> Snip

>>N00B.
>

> Yuppers. Gotta start somewhere.

I kinda of like them for power armor but they don't look good on Termies.

Desert Joe <jbos...@ridgnet.barf> wrote:

> I kinda of like them for power armor but they don't look good on Termies.

Hey,

In principle, it's as perplexing as letting IG troopers take Power
Fists.

They'd have had to include a bionic spine, legs and counterweight:

http://www.thewarp.net/war/thedropzone/pictures/Yarrick.gif

These new things would be fine if they weren't called 'Lightning'
Claws.

Fluffwise, Termi LCs needed a power pack for the 'Lightning' effect.

It was easy to believe this pack might fit into Termi armour somewhere.

The new Claw Lite design skirts that obstacle by simply ignoring the
fluff.

So, supporting Design staff leisure time is a big part of The Hobby,
now.

I had a groan and good laugh the first time I saw that old Yarrick fig,
too.

Of course, the Studio later made amends for that atrocity . . .

http://warlocke.bizland.com/images/40kimages/yarrick1.jpg

[Sigh]

Playa

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> Alrighty...
>

> Seems that more than a few folks don't much care for the 'new'
> 4th
> Ed style lightning claws. I haven't really paid much attention
> as I've
> still got a load of old 'Space Hulk' termies I'm painting - so
> I won't
> be buying new ones any time soon. Out of curiosity - who does
> or
> doesn't like the new lightning claws and why?

If you cut the blades off they would probably make pretty good
looking power fists with brass knuckle attachments. Add a little
bling spelling out MOFO and a little gold trim and you'd be set.

But as lightning claws they look terrible. Why? Cause they look
more like power fists with brass knuckle rakes attached to them
than lightning claws. The hand part is way too big and clumsy
and the blades need to be a tad longer. The older terminator
lightning claws were a bit too bulky as well but they at least
looked decent on terminator armor even if they were too big for
power armor.

--

-smithdoerr

Playa wrote:
> Desert Joe <jbos...@ridgnet.barf> wrote:
>

>>I kinda of like them for power armor but they don't look good on Termies.
>

> Hey,
>
> In principle, it's as perplexing as letting IG troopers take Power
> Fists.
>
> They'd have had to include a bionic spine, legs and counterweight:
>
> http://www.thewarp.net/war/thedropzone/pictures/Yarrick.gif
>
> These new things would be fine if they weren't called 'Lightning'
> Claws.
>
> Fluffwise, Termi LCs needed a power pack for the 'Lightning' effect.
>
> It was easy to believe this pack might fit into Termi armour somewhere.
>

> The new Claw Lite design skirts that obstacle by simply ignoring the
> fluff.
>
> So, supporting Design staff leisure time is a big part of The Hobby,
> now.
>
> I had a groan and good laugh the first time I saw that old Yarrick fig,
> too.
>
> Of course, the Studio later made amends for that atrocity . . .
>
> http://warlocke.bizland.com/images/40kimages/yarrick1.jpg
>
> [Sigh]
>

> Playa

I like the first Yarick Better. I'd like the second one better but I
like the old style Klaw better. Anyway LC are pretty muchs
Powerfist/Powersword combi weapon. SO for the Lightning effect I would
see no greater powersupply needed than a Power sword and they are self
contained. I agree Powerfists look odd on Most IG.