Problems with the the front headphone jack on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
So i built this computer and the front jack works, but it only plays in the left headphone. I know the system audio is fine because my speaker work just fine and i plugged my headphones into the rear speaker jack and it's totally fine.

So i'm using my motherboards onboard hd audio and it comes with the realtek hd audion drivers, which i feel are kinda crappy but. I guess what i'm asking. Is there a way to either just fix my front jack or just get the sound coming out of the left headphone to just play in both thru the hd audion manager

i apologize if this is in the wrong subcategory

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah. MEgamer is right.
Open up your box and grab your motherboard manual. Check that all of the sound leads are correct and not backwards, etc.

If that does not work, you probably have either a dud cable or a busted jack. You will not be able to make it work in this case.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
ok thanks i have to dig it out that manual, and check it out i think it might be the cable or the jack most likely because pluged the cable into both of the headphone connectors on my board and no good. well thanks for the suggestions guys

Status
Not open for further replies.