Dan1317

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Hello, I have a question about a Dell E310. Everything that I have built on it suits me fine (I don't have it yet). Here are the specs if these will help.

Intel P4 640 w/ HT (3.2 Ghz 800FSB)
XP Pro
2GB DDR2 533Mhz
160 GB
19 in. Dell Flat Panel
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy
Office Basic

(A few other stuff like McAfee etc)

The Price is $1,080. But I can't use the Graphics Accelerator for what I need to do with it. My question is these dell's ship with PCIe 16x Slots right? If anyone knows their help would be much appreciated.

Also, do you guys think this is a good deal? The graphics card I am looking at right now is this (linked) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150153

Anyone know if these are good cards?

(Need at least a 256 bit interface card)

I thank you a lot for your help

Also should I erase the OS and reinstall it? I heard that was good to get rid of junk software?

Thanks again

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
As far as PCIe slots Im not sure. But to just get the operating system and drivers you have to request a cd that they will charge you for. There method for restoring is to press F11 during boot and ghosting the hard drive back to the factory state. The restore process is very simple. You can manually remove the "garbage" that they put on there through add remove programs in control panel. And to stop the junk from loading at startup go to start ---->run>type msconfig--->then go to the startup tab and disable any junk loading.

DuOrlz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
I have this preticular Dell system and found that it will not ship with PCIx16s on the motherboard. I am currently tryin g to upgrade the videocard but all the PCI cards are to expensive for what they give you. I would segest buying a deifferent system, (mabey even not a Dell as i have seen them break easily) that has PCIx16 or even AGPx8. The E310 will still be OK with a good PCI card but you could get better value elseware.

Hope this helps!

DuO