chkdsk and disk defragmenter question

July 31, 2005 2:11:01 AM

I have two XP operating systems on one disk drive. Can chkdsk and/or the disk
defragmenter running from the active OS be used on the inactive OS without
causing problems?
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 3:15:01 AM

Why the two....Yes it can be done,go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:
CHKDSK D: /F Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer.For defrag,
in cmd type:D efrag D: D: being the volume.

"Earl" wrote:

> I have two XP operating systems on one disk drive. Can chkdsk and/or the disk
> defragmenter running from the active OS be used on the inactive OS without
> causing problems?

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:33:58 PM

Earl wrote:
> I have two XP operating systems on one disk drive. Can chkdsk and/or the disk
> defragmenter running from the active OS be used on the inactive OS without
> causing problems?

Yes.

Steve
!