chkdsk and disk defragmenter question

I have two XP operating systems on one disk drive. Can chkdsk and/or the disk
defragmenter running from the active OS be used on the inactive OS without
causing problems?
2 answers Last reply
More about chkdsk disk defragmenter question

    Why the two....Yes it can be done,go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:
    CHKDSK D: /F Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer.For defrag,
    in cmd type:Defrag D: D: being the volume.

    Earl wrote:
    > I have two XP operating systems on one disk drive. Can chkdsk and/or the disk
    > defragmenter running from the active OS be used on the inactive OS without
    > causing problems?

    Yes.

    Steve

Chkdsk Windows XP Disk Drive Microsoft