My elderly father had entered 4 pages of text into his six-month old
computer, (I don't have brand handy but his supplier has good products)
exited and, on re-entry, found that he had lost everything above a
certain point, which happened to be a line that ended with the word
"process" and only the "cess" part remained. All else below was okay,
all else above, lost. At 87 and half blind, he'd rather not re-enter.
Any hope?

--
cekkk

Since you say that he is half blind, it is possible that he inadvertently deleted the
upper portion of the text. (There are many easy ways to do that) If that is the case,
and the file was saved with that portion of text gone, there is no way to get it back. I
suggest to elderly clients with problems to save a document multiple times using different
files names for each copy. (e.g. home01, home02, home03) That way if one file gets
messed up, there is a backup.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com