[Poll] Anyone like the new lightning claws?

I can't stand them, but it isn't the claws themselves so much, poor as
they are - it's the fact that they're derived from the v3 SM power fist
design, and I can't stand that. It's oversized and chunky, the fingers
are clumsy and it extends too far down the arm, limiting posability to
generally pretty appalling poses - the SM Commander, the nadir of the
new lightning claw models, being a case in point - it's amazing how
much better that model looks when armed with absolutely anything else.

Philip Bowles

pbowles@aol.com wrote:
> I can't stand them, but it isn't the claws themselves so much, poor as
> they are - it's the fact that they're derived from the v3 SM power fist
> design, and I can't stand that. It's oversized and chunky, the fingers

I'm not a big fan, but I don't hate them as much as some of the other
people. Have they come out with both left & right hands yet?

Kermit

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2003

"pbowles@aol.com" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in news:1123238821.093292.216360
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I can't stand them, but it isn't the claws themselves so much, poor as
> they are - it's the fact that they're derived from the v3 SM power fist
> design, and I can't stand that. It's oversized and chunky, the fingers
> are clumsy and it extends too far down the arm, limiting posability to
> generally pretty appalling poses - the SM Commander, the nadir of the
> new lightning claw models, being a case in point - it's amazing how
> much better that model looks when armed with absolutely anything else.
>
> Philip Bowles

I hate them too

<pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
>I can't stand them, but it isn't the claws themselves so much, poor as
> they are - it's the fact that they're derived from the v3 SM power fist
> design, and I can't stand that. It's oversized and chunky, the fingers
> are clumsy and it extends too far down the arm, limiting posability to
> generally pretty appalling poses - the SM Commander, the nadir of the
> new lightning claw models, being a case in point - it's amazing how
> much better that model looks when armed with absolutely anything else.
>
> Philip Bowles

I think they could be a lot better, though I do prefer them to the old
terminator lightning claws, which were rubbish.

I think the blades are the way they are(like stabbing knives, rather than
curved blades), because of some limitations with plastic moulding, rather
than being intentionally that way from the first design phase.

Rob

In article <K7SdncAlfvtCOm7fRVn-gw@comcast.com>, Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> pbowles@aol.com wrote:
>> I can't stand them, but it isn't the claws themselves so much, poor as
>> they are - it's the fact that they're derived from the v3 SM power fist
>> design, and I can't stand that. It's oversized and chunky, the fingers
>
> I'm not a big fan, but I don't hate them as much as some of the other
> people. Have they come out with both left & right hands yet?

Not in plastic, but there is a veteran sergeant with left and right
metal lightning claws.

--
Joakim

Robert Williams wrote:
> I think they could be a lot better, though I do prefer them to
> the old terminator lightning claws, which were rubbish.

Nonsense. This is an open forum, so there's no need to kiss GW's arse
out of habit. The old claws are clearly, unquestionably superior in
design.

> I think the blades are the way they are(like stabbing knives, rather than
> curved blades), because of some limitations with plastic moulding, rather
> than being intentionally that way from the first design phase.

There is *nothing* about plastic moulding that would have prevented a
result *much* closer to the previous design. The only thing plastic
cannot do is undercuts in a mold, and the RT and 40k2 Lightning Claws
don't depend on undercuts. Certainly, nothing stops the fingers from
being smaller, or claws from being curved, aside from pure laziness.

\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.

Hey,

I once converted some of the plastic SH Termi PFists to LClaws.

I used the blades from four plastic cocktail stick 'swords'.

Trimmed to length, they were glued over the filed-down PFist knuckles.

The result was servicable, but stiff and somewhat amateurish, IMO.

They lacked all of the elegance and artful detail of the old metal
ones.

Deja-vu.

Playa

TRENDING THREADS