NOTEBOOK WONT START UP!

supermetfan4

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Hi, i have a compaq presario notebook, had it for about 2-3 months, and it all of a sudden stopped starting up. The fans run for about 3 seconds and the LED's that show that there is power are on, but nothing shows up on the screen! Once in a while a screen pops up that shows:

COMPAQ

Press [ESC] to change boot order
Press [F10] to enter SETUP, [F12] to boot from LAN

After trying all three buttons(and nothing happened) i figured somthing was wrong with the battery. I had changed the power settings so that it never went into standby mode while on ac power, and to one hour while running on battery power. I had accidently let it keep running overnight and the screen was still up, i came to the conclusion that i had overheated the system. I am really desperate for help and i would be extremely gracious to anyone who tries to help me. If you need anymore information on the notebook, leave a post. Thank you very much :D

gpfear

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Hook the system to an external monitor and turn it on. If it's not getting past POST then the system board has failed. If it boots all the way through it just might be your display.