Dell problems

roydog

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
I purchased a Dell Inspiron 6000 last October 2006 and have had nothing but grief with the mouse pad. When I type and happen to touch the pad with my thumb the curser moves to another location and I'm typing in the wrong place. I sent the lap top back to the factory and nothing changed. A service tech came to my place and replaced the mother board. It even happens with an external mouse attached. This is about to drive me nuts.
$2000 is a lot to pay for something that Dell's engineers botched. Does anyone have a solution?
roydog

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
My wife just got an Insprion 1510 and the same things happens. At least on the 1510 you can not disable the pad so we're stuck with it. She doesn't seem to have a problem with it, she keeps the palms of her hand up when she uses the keyboard but it drives me nuts. Fortunately, I don't have to use it. I did some research on Dell support and Google and found that some pads can be disabled under Hardware and others can be disabled in the BIOS and some can't be disabled, which is the case with the 1510, maybe the same with the 6000.