Stripping paint from W40K tanks.

Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2005 12:55:00 AM

I've recently gotten some bargin Imperial Guard Chimera's and Leman
Russ tanks off E-Bay.
Unfortunately the tanks aren't painted very well and I'd like to strip
the paint and start over with a fresh paint job.
Does anybody have any suggestions to accomplish this stripping job
without it ruining the models?

--
McDougle
remove the y from orgy to reply.

--
K. A. Cannon
kcannon at insurgent dot org

"So maybe the America I loved still exists, if not in the White House or the Supreme Court
or the Senate or the House of Representatives or the media. The America I love still exists at the front desks of our public libraries."
Kurt Vonnegut - August 2004
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:24:30 AM

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea McDougle said

> I've recently gotten some bargin Imperial Guard Chimera's and Leman
> Russ tanks off E-Bay.
> Unfortunately the tanks aren't painted very well and I'd like to strip
> the paint and start over with a fresh paint job.
> Does anybody have any suggestions to accomplish this stripping job
> without it ruining the models?

Yes. See Paint section of web site in my sig.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

McDougle wrote:
> I've recently gotten some bargin Imperial Guard Chimera's and Leman
> Russ tanks off E-Bay.
> Unfortunately the tanks aren't painted very well and I'd like to strip
> the paint and start over with a fresh paint job.
> Does anybody have any suggestions to accomplish this stripping job
> without it ruining the models?

Castrol Super Clean. Soak & scrub w/ toothbrush.

\-|-/