corrupt wave file?

Windows Media Player is playing my "wave file" but there is no sound. It
plays audio CD. Any ideas?
Thanks
John

John H <jh89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Windows Media Player is playing my "wave file" but there is no sound.

Start > Run: SNDVOL32.EXE (check your settings). Next:
Start > Run: Media. Doubleclick some *.wav files and see if this works.

> It plays audio CD. Any ideas?

"Resources for Troubleshooting Sound Problems in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307918

--
d-d

"John H" <jh89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42ecaf9a@clear.net.nz...
> Windows Media Player is playing my "wave file" but there is no sound. It
> plays audio CD. Any ideas?
> Thanks
> John

Double click the speaker icon. Make sure "wave" is turned up, and not
muted.