(40k) New products scoop

In article <3mjlbrF16g5u...@individual.net>, Spack wrote:
> Myrmidon wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:24:57 GMT:

>> In article <3mjaueF1615d...@individual.net>, Spack,
>> n...@worldofspack.co.uk Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>> <snippa-snippa!>

>>> The big problem with all these "I know someone who works for GW" posts is
>>> that so far every one of them has had a different schedule. As it is BT
>>> are next - beyond that nobody really knows (I doubt even GW know, it's
>>> probably going to be whichever codex gets "finished" first).

>>> Dan

>> I guess that really begs the questions - how many folks are on
>> GW's 40K codex design staff, who are they, and what are they most likely
>> to be working on?

> According to a post on the web somewhere (that's my getout clause btw) a GW
> studio member at Chicago GD (or it might have been the GD before that)
> mentioned that the codex design staff are split into "teams", each working
> on a different codex. No details as to how many teams, or how many members
> on each, or what they're working on - but apparently the team that finishes
> their codex first will get theirs next into the release schedule. This must
> really annoy the sculptors ...

>Yesterday a member of the staff at the local GW store told me that all
>of the new Ork and Eldar models were finished and that all that was
>missing was the new rules. I didn't believe him then, but it fits with
>the scheme to annoy sculptors described above.

I think it's standard practice for GW, an unashamedly miniatures-led
company - the models are made, and then the rules are made to
accommodate them. I've heard the DE range came into existence solely
because someone made a concept model that the designers liked. I don't
suppose he happened to mention *which* new Eldar models would be
forthcoming, by any chance? Wish list:

1. New jetbikes, preferably with a Shining Spear sprue
2. New Striking Scorpions
3. Eldar heavy weapons sprue and plastic weapon platforms
4. Eldar vehicle upgrade sprue with new shuriken catapult design
5. New Wraithlord based on Epic Revenant design, preferably plastic
6. New Wraithguard, also derived from Titan designs
7. New War Walker
8. New Dark Reapers
9. More Exarchs with wider range of weapon options, including web of
skulls. Including Dire Avenger Exarch models
10. Night Spinner grav-tank
11. Plastic Dire Avenger sprue
12. Plastic Guardian assault sprue
13. Missing Eldar special characters

Also, of course, a new Wave Serpent, but I don't count that because it
obviously won't happen anytime soon.

Things that definitely shouldn't be changed:

1. Swooping Hawks
2. Fire Dragons
3. Falcon/Fire Prism (though the prism should be redone in plastic)
4. Rangers (the poses with longrifles, anyway)

Philip Bowles

In article <1124449119.791732.92700@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, pbowles@aol.com wrote:

<snip>

> I don't
> suppose he happened to mention *which* new Eldar models would be
> forthcoming, by any chance?

No.

--
Joakim

In article <1124449119.791732.92700@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, pbowles@aol.com wrote:

> Things that definitely shouldn't be changed:
> 4. Rangers (the poses with longrifles, anyway)

"amongst the many interesting things he saw, the new Rangers were
sculpted. He said they looked a lot like Guardians with heavy cloaks
and coats (surprise...) but was most interested in the leader - a kind
of super-ranger."
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10139

Also a little clarification to my earlier post: The reshirt who
mentionened the the new Ork and Eldar models did not claim to have
seen them. Since I did not believe him at the time I didn't ask which
models that were going to be replaced.

--
Joakim

TRENDING THREADS