Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Digital Cable to Old Analog TV via RF Input

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
May 18, 2011 6:14:52 PM

Hello, My business has about 30 old analog TV's that are scheduled to be replaced in a year. In the mean time my cable provider is switching over to digital cable. Any thoughts on a device that will convert the digital signal to an analog output via an RF (Modulated) connection?

More about : digital cable analog input

May 20, 2011 2:48:18 AM

those cable boxes usually come with the connection.
the standard definition and high definition boxes from motorola are used by comcast, and they both have the RF connection.

now, whether the television accepts 480 progressive or higher.. that is a different question.

if your cable company doesnt have any such box, they risk losing money for starters.
but, if you must.. there are hardware devices that convert from one connection to another.
maybe you have to look a bit more to find an RF convertor, because hdmi, component, and vga are the most popular.