Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Howdy All,

After I use Tools in IE to clean out cookies, delete temp internet files,
and clear history, I still have some sites that are 'stuck' when I use
ctrl+o to type a url.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these?

Thanks,
Brian

To remove an AutoComplete entry from a Web form, highlight the item in the
AutoComplete dropdown and press the Delete key.

To remove all Web form AutoComplete entries, go to the Internet Explorer
Tools menu, select Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete, then press the
"Clear Forms" button.

From IE Help...

To delete Autocomplete entries from the Address bar list

[[The AutoComplete feature saves previous entries you've made for Web
addresses, forms, and passwords. To delete entries from the Address bar, you
must clear your History folder. You cannot clear individual entries from the
list of saved entries.

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Under History, click Clear History.

Notes
When typing information in Web forms, and typing passwords, you can remove
an item from the list of suggestions by clicking the item and then pressing
the DELETE key. ]]

Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553

How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;217148

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eL8elmelFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Brian <treddderx@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> Howdy All,
>
> After I use Tools in IE to clean out cookies, delete temp internet files,
> and clear history, I still have some sites that are 'stuck' when I use
> ctrl+o to type a url.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

fisher

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:05:13 -0500, "Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Howdy All,
>
>After I use Tools in IE to clean out cookies, delete temp internet files,
>and clear history, I still have some sites that are 'stuck' when I use
>ctrl+o to type a url.
>
>Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these?
>
>Thanks,
>Brian

Maybe not the solution you want but what I do is use Firefox web
browser and set the option for it to empty the cookie folder everytime
the browser is closed.

Another option is to get this prog
http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/emptemp/index.html
and use it to empty the IE cookie folder for you. You can set it up to
empty all your temp and cookie folders with one click.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks Wesley, worked like a charm!

BTW, why would only a few urls be stuck after delete cookies, clear history,
etc?

> To remove an AutoComplete entry from a Web form, highlight the item in the
> AutoComplete dropdown and press the Delete key.
>
> To remove all Web form AutoComplete entries, go to the Internet Explorer
> Tools menu, select Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete, then press the
> "Clear Forms" button.
>
> From IE Help...
>
> To delete Autocomplete entries from the Address bar list
>
> [[The AutoComplete feature saves previous entries you've made for Web
> addresses, forms, and passwords. To delete entries from the Address bar,
> you
> must clear your History folder. You cannot clear individual entries from
> the
> list of saved entries.
>
> 1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
> 2. Click the General tab.
> 3. Under History, click Clear History.
>
> Notes
> When typing information in Web forms, and typing passwords, you can remove
> an item from the list of suggestions by clicking the item and then
> pressing
> the DELETE key. ]]
>
> Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553
>
> How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;217148
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eL8elmelFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Brian <treddderx@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Howdy All,
>>
>> After I use Tools in IE to clean out cookies, delete temp internet files,
>> and clear history, I still have some sites that are 'stuck' when I use
>> ctrl+o to type a url.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian

Brian,

Beats me.

I have AutoComplete turned off. I have a hard enough typing without
something else confusing me. ;-) I have AutoComplete turned off in MS Word
as well, but Word Help has it in the Index and I hate it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User