Screen size adjustment

SaltyPickleJuice

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
I plugged a HDMI cable (same on both ends) that i actually bought for my ps3, it works really well but the down sight is that the screen zooms in a couple of milimeters making everything like that, i use the cable just so i can play games on my tv screen, but i can't find any help for the windows 7 layout. Is it possible to do that? Or is there no such thing.

So there is a black border around the edge of the screen?

Thats fairly common when you use HDMI on a PC. Just go into Catalyst Control Center or Nvidia Control Panel (depending on your graphics card) and look for something called under or overscan. Tinker with those settings and the black border should change when you change them. Just keep trying until the border is gone.

SaltyPickleJuice

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
I have searched the whole control panel without any results, i have 1920x1080 resolution that i suspect is making this, i can only change between 1280x720 and 1920x1080 p, i want to know how i can get more options. Is there something that i have to buy?

Nothing you have to buy, and not the Windows control panel.

The Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center is what you want is you have a GPU. You can find them by right clicking on the desktop and it should be one of the options there. Under something along the lines of "digital flat panels" will be scaling options. There you are given the ability to change the under and overscan settings.

Or (just occurred to me) if you are running integrated Intel graphics, the Intel Media and Graphics Control panel. You can access it from the taskbar. Should be similar to the above.

TRENDING THREADS