cannot delete sent messages from folder

how do i delete all of my sent messages? I have 2,000 of them!!
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot delete messages folder

    Outlook Express: Click the Sent Items folder, select the messages that you want Delete

    1. If it is a contiguous group of messages, click on the first message to highlight it,
    then hold down the SHIFT key and click on the last message. Everything in between will be
    highlighted. Then right click the highlighted messages and left click Delete on the pop
    up context menu.

    2. If the messages are not contiguous, press the CTRL key as you select each message to
    keep all the selected messages highlighted. Then right click the highlighted messages and
    left click Delete on the pop up context menu.

    Once you have deleted the messages from that folder, or any of your email folders, they
    will be in the Deleted Items folder. You might want to click on the Deleted Items Folder
    to check if you deleted something by mistake before permanently deleting the messages.
    You can drag any message back to any folder if that's the case. Otherwise, to permanently
    Delete the messages right click the Deleted Items folder, then left click on Empty Deleted
    Items Folder. Since you have so many messages to delete, you should, after you Delete
    them, click on File menu/Folders/Compact All Folders.
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    In news:%23ldBU8elFHA.3816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    parec@bellsouth.net <parec@bellsouth.net> typed:

    > how do i delete all of my sent messages? I have 2,000 of them!!

    From what program?

    In most programs, it should be as simple as selecting all of them
    (press Ctrl-A) and pressing delete.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Depending on what email management program you are using (if any) you should
    be able to just highlight them all and press the delete key.

    Then just entered the "Deleted Items" folder (or equivalent).

    I hope that's the answer you were looking for :)

    --
    Lawrence Wong
    Microsoft Beta Tester

    Current Project(s)
    - MSN Messenger Beta 7.5

    parec@bellsouth.net wrote:
    > how do i delete all of my sent messages? I have 2,000 of them!!

    If you are using Outlook Express, and the messages won't delete from the
    Deleted Items folder, then your dbx file for that folder is probably
    corrupt.

    First of all move any mail that you want to keep out of there, to
    folders created by you under Local Folders.
    Tools>options>maintenance>store folder and note the location.
    Close OE.
    In Windows Explorer, navigate to the place noted and delete Deleted
    Items.dbx
    Re-open OE and all should be well.

    Note that you may have to enable "show hidden files and folders" under
    control panel>folder options>view before you can find and delete the
    folder, depending on your operating system.

    Do not store mail in any of the default folders of OE.
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Microsoft Windows XP