[SOLVED] Going from wireless to non wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky74

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Hello,

I connected my computer to my wired connection on the router and when I turn my airport off, I don't have the internet. What am I doing wrong? I have a Mac... thank you.

Solution
That sounds like it is enabled all right, but can't see your router. (I'm assuming that you have the "Configure" option set to "Use DHCP".) Try disabling the interface by changing this to off, then change it back again. If that doesn't pick up a proper adress from your router than the Mac isn't seeing it, which could be a bad cable. Is there a light on the network port that you are plugged in to (on the router)?

Rocky74

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
When I go to my system preferences it gives me 3 choices: Ethernet, Airport, and Firewall. When I click on ethernet, it says "connected" and underneath that it says that Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet. It has a few options under configure IPv4 ...

That sounds like it is enabled all right, but can't see your router. (I'm assuming that you have the "Configure" option set to "Use DHCP".) Try disabling the interface by changing this to off, then change it back again. If that doesn't pick up a proper adress from your router than the Mac isn't seeing it, which could be a bad cable. Is there a light on the network port that you are plugged in to (on the router)?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS