w00t! 400, 2-2-2-2!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ah, the performance! Forget 2-2-2-6 or 2-2-2-5, I'm down to 2-2-2-2 and pushing this RAM a bit more later, I still haven't exceeded 2.6v :tongue:

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
2 is faster than 5, the board didn't have 1.5 (but it did have 1!). 2x512MB in dual-channel mode, 2-2-2-2, 1T, dual channel.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, an intelligent question!

It's PC2-5300 CAS 3, that's why I'm getting the great timings at PC3200 speed with lower voltages...it's actually set at 2.1v, which is higher than the 1.8v standard for DDR2.

Without specifying what type of RAM it is, I was able to impress people with great timings and voltages below the 2.6v standard of PC3200.

So, your intelligent question rooted out the mischevious answer, good job!

dhlucke

Polypheme
I was about to say big deal but I guess that settles that.

I run at 2-2-2-2 at DDR400 with PC4400 at 2.7V. Maybe 2.6, but I just upped the voltage from the start.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Of course it's still a big deal to run DDR2 at CAS 2, no?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, they do. But what would be the point of going over 2.1v if there aren't any higher settings that work? Going from CAS 2 to CAS 1 didn't work at any setting. And 533 ran at 3-2-2 without dropping to 2-2-2 at higher voltages. And 750 was about the max, 800 wasn't possible at any voltages. I think the most I tried was 2.35v.

But 667 at 3-3-3, 533 at 3-2-2, and 400 at 2-2-2 (2!), all at 1T, is fairly good, no? And the fact that the memory topped out at 2.2v (750) with lesser speeds working at 2.1v is good as well, no?