I intend to install 2 components to a PC, will Windows Act..

I'm going to install a PCI card for USB 2.0 and Firewire; and replace a
CD-Burner with a DVD burner. Will this bring up a reactivation issue with
Windows XP?

It shouldn't.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
message news:Aa8He.1582$Rc6.239@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I'm going to install a PCI card for USB 2.0 and Firewire; and replace a
> CD-Burner with a DVD burner. Will this bring up a reactivation issue with
> Windows XP?

It shouldn't. I'm about 95% sure of that.

Things that may/will:
CPU change
Motherboard
Memory upgrade (sometimes)

Other than that, adding PCI/AGP cards and/or Removable Storage Drives
(CD/DVD/Floppy drives) shouldn't cause any issues.

--
Lawrence Wong
Microsoft Beta Tester

Current Project(s)
- MSN Messenger Beta 7.5
"Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
message news:Aa8He.1582$Rc6.239@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I'm going to install a PCI card for USB 2.0 and Firewire; and replace a
> CD-Burner with a DVD burner. Will this bring up a reactivation issue with
> Windows XP?

It depends upon what else you have done in the last 180 days. If you have
not altered your system in that time you "should" have no activation problem
now.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
message news:Aa8He.1582$Rc6.239@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I'm going to install a PCI card for USB 2.0 and Firewire; and replace a
> CD-Burner with a DVD burner. Will this bring up a reactivation issue with
> Windows XP?

Thanks. I will now commence operations!~