Error Reporting

I received the message, "Norton Anti-virus Scanner Module has encountered a
problem and needs to close. Please tell Microsft about this problem."
This keeps happening whenever I tried to open an Excel program. The next
pop-up box gives me an option to report this error. Who does this program
my Anti-Virus protection? I've performed a Reboot, Defrag, System Restore,
Norton Doctor. What else can I do?

Malke

Fly wrote:

> I received the message, "Norton Anti-virus Scanner Module has
> encountered a problem and needs to close. Please tell Microsft about
> this problem." This keeps happening whenever I tried to open an Excel
> program. The next pop-up box gives me an option to report this error.
> Who does this program report this error to? Will I need to report it?
> Has a virus or worm disabled my Anti-Virus protection? I've performed
> a Reboot, Defrag, System Restore, Norton Doctor. What else can I do?

You apparently have Norton's integration with MS Office enabled and it
is not working. This is a Norton issue. Open the program and disable
the Office plugin. Look at the status of your NAV - if all looks well
then you are still protected from viruses.

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/index.html - Symantec tech support

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell