WANTED: GENIUS to design .....

.....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
a Dell 2400.

This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
explanations of each step.

Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
drive and no way to add another! How sad!

Mike

Isn't the same case used by other vendors? What about their brackets?

Tom
"Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> a Dell 2400.
>
> This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> explanations of each step.
>
> Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> drive and no way to add another! How sad!
>
> Mike

"Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> a Dell 2400.
>
> This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> explanations of each step.
>
> Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> drive and no way to add another! How sad!
>
> Mike

You lying Dell hater! Dell did NOT sell you a "crippled computer"!! The
2400s are an engineering marvel. Dell is the best around. Just because
they decided to save 5 cents a system (oh, and also kept you from easily
putting in somebody else drive instead of theirs) doesn't mean they are a
bad company and evil. Of course, a single sheet metal stamper could turn
out enough of these in one day to fill an ocean liner but they can't seem to
get them. Funny how that is...

I'm sure if you ordered an expensive disk drive from them they'd
miraculously find one of these brackets for you. Now stop complaining
because you got what you paid for, ie. a cheap computer. Dell never
promised they would sell you this bracket so quite yur bitchin'.

Dell sold you nothing crippled. People like you amaze me. Because you were
too stupid and lazy to read the specs, Dell screwed you. What a twit.
"Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> a Dell 2400.
>
> This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> explanations of each step.
>
> Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> drive and no way to add another! How sad!
>
> Mike

since you seem to know it all then maybe you could tell everybody how a
buyer is supposed to know that the internal metal support for a second disk
drive isn't there. if you buy a normal case everything is there. dell does
indeed sell crippled case. they don't have the necessary brackets to put a
second hard drive or a floppy drive in. and it seems from other posts you
can't even get them from dell.

it seems your the stupid lazy twit around here.

"skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
> Dell sold you nothing crippled. People like you amaze me. Because you were
> too stupid and lazy to read the specs, Dell screwed you. What a twit.
> "Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> > a Dell 2400.
> >
> > This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> > was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> > too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> > explanations of each step.
> >
> > Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> > drive and no way to add another! How sad!
> >
> > Mike

Well, it took me almost 40 seconds to search for the Dimension 2400 manual
on the Dell site.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/specs.htm

If you look at it, you will CLEARLY see that it states both that one ONE
internal hard drive is supported and that the floppy is OPTIONAL. No
mention that a standard floppy will fit, so any belief that it does without
a bracket is an incorrect ASSUMPTION on the buyers part.

Tom

"Glen Campbell" <gcamp27954@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> since you seem to know it all then maybe you could tell everybody how a
> buyer is supposed to know that the internal metal support for a second
disk
> drive isn't there. if you buy a normal case everything is there. dell
does
> indeed sell crippled case. they don't have the necessary brackets to put
> second hard drive or a floppy drive in. and it seems from other posts you
> can't even get them from dell.
>
> it seems your the stupid lazy twit around here.
>
> "skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
> > Dell sold you nothing crippled. People like you amaze me. Because you
were
> > too stupid and lazy to read the specs, Dell screwed you. What a twit.
> > "Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> > > a Dell 2400.
> > >
> > > This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> > > was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> > > too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> > > explanations of each step.
> > >
> > > Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> > > drive and no way to add another! How sad!
> > >
> > > Mike

RTFM!!!

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&~series=dimen&~id=chassis

One 3.5 inch bay for optional floppy disk drive.
One integrated hard disk drive bay

"Glen Campbell" <gcamp27954@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> since you seem to know it all then maybe you could tell everybody how a
> buyer is supposed to know that the internal metal support for a second
disk
> drive isn't there. if you buy a normal case everything is there. dell
does
> indeed sell crippled case. they don't have the necessary brackets to put
> second hard drive or a floppy drive in. and it seems from other posts you
> can't even get them from dell.
>
> it seems your the stupid lazy twit around here.
>
> "skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
> > Dell sold you nothing crippled. People like you amaze me. Because you
were
> > too stupid and lazy to read the specs, Dell screwed you. What a twit.
> > "Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> > > a Dell 2400.
> > >
> > > This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> > > was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> > > too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> > > explanations of each step.
> > >
> > > Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> > > drive and no way to add another! How sad!
> > >
> > > Mike

Why don't you read the specs on the website.

"Glen Campbell" <gcamp27954@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> since you seem to know it all then maybe you could tell everybody how a
> buyer is supposed to know that the internal metal support for a second
disk
> drive isn't there. if you buy a normal case everything is there. dell
does
> indeed sell crippled case. they don't have the necessary brackets to put
> second hard drive or a floppy drive in. and it seems from other posts you
> can't even get them from dell.
>
> it seems your the stupid lazy twit around here.
>
> "skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
> > Dell sold you nothing crippled. People like you amaze me. Because you
were
> > too stupid and lazy to read the specs, Dell screwed you. What a twit.
> > "Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> > > a Dell 2400.
> > >
> > > This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> > > was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> > > too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> > > explanations of each step.
> > >
> > > Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> > > drive and no way to add another! How sad!
> > >
> > > Mike

Like I said, read the specs on the website. Their is a tab right there on
the page when ordering. But, you would have known this if you had read my
1st post, which you didn't do. So who's the stupid lazy twit around here".

"Glen Campbell" <gcamp27954@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> since you seem to know it all then maybe you could tell everybody how a
> buyer is supposed to know that the internal metal support for a second
disk
> drive isn't there. if you buy a normal case everything is there. dell
does
> indeed sell crippled case. they don't have the necessary brackets to put
> second hard drive or a floppy drive in. and it seems from other posts you
> can't even get them from dell.
>
> it seems your the stupid lazy twit around here.
>
> "skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
> > Dell sold you nothing crippled. People like you amaze me. Because you
were
> > too stupid and lazy to read the specs, Dell screwed you. What a twit.
> > "Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> > > a Dell 2400.
> > >
> > > This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> > > was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> > > too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> > > explanations of each step.
> > >
> > > Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> > > drive and no way to add another! How sad!
> > >
> > > Mike

Mike, I'm sure you probably knew that when you bought the PC or you
should have known or questioned, why is this so cheap? The PC isn't
crippled, it was made inexpensive for person (s) who wanted a low priced
PC. The latest Technology is adding an external Hard Drive, floppy
drive, digital camera, camcorder, etc. by firewire card and/or USB. Add
external HD and when you decide to buy a PC you want to upgrade with
everything, spend the money on it like many of us do.

Joan

Michael P Gabriel wrote:

> ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> a Dell 2400.
>
> This was done a while back in an older post. The chap that designed it
> was a Genius, but unfortunately his explanation was so complicated and
> too hard to follow. What we need is a similar design with simple
> explanations of each step.
>
> Any takers? Dim 2400 owners were sold crippled computers...one hard
> drive and no way to add another! How sad!
>
> Mike

ok, i'll concede the disk drive. but the info on the web site clearly
states "one floppy drive bay". a bay implies something more than air is in
that case! even your pointer indicates "Externally accessible one
3.5-inch bay". so maybe dell has invented the bracketless bay and failed to
tell people about it?

> Well, it took me almost 40 seconds to search for the Dimension 2400 manual
> on the Dell site.
>
> http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/specs.htm
>
> If you look at it, you will CLEARLY see that it states both that one ONE
> internal hard drive is supported and that the floppy is OPTIONAL. No
> mention that a standard floppy will fit, so any belief that it does
without
> a bracket is an incorrect ASSUMPTION on the buyers part.
>

> Tom
>
> "Glen Campbell" <gcamp27954@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > since you seem to know it all then maybe you could tell everybody how a
> > buyer is supposed to know that the internal metal support for a second
> disk
> > drive isn't there. if you buy a normal case everything is there. dell
> does
> > indeed sell crippled case. they don't have the necessary brackets to
put
> > second hard drive or a floppy drive in. and it seems from other posts
you
> > can't even get them from dell.
> >
> > it seems your the stupid lazy twit around here.
> >
> > "skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
> > > Dell sold you nothing crippled. People like you amaze me. Because you
> were
> > > too stupid and lazy to read the specs, Dell screwed you. What a twit.
> > > "Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message

screw the bracket and Dell. goto www.newegg.com and replace your drive with
a 250GB drive.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=22-144-155&depa=0

Michael P Gabriel wrote:
> ....a bracket that will allow one to install a second hard drive into
> a Dell 2400.

In the UK, go to http://www.maplin.co.uk, and look for products ZT96E or
ZT97F.

Priced at £7.99 and £9.99 respectively, they allow you to add mounting
points for two or three hard drives in a standard case.

Any resemblance to a few pieces of Meccano are purely coincidental!

I'm sure American electronic shops should have similar items.

Regards,

Pete.
Derby

Velcro.

Nice square sheet... stick one side to the top of the HDD... the other side
to the bottom of the existing bracket and voila !

Cheers,
Kev