wireless adapter: Not able to browse internet

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

hi. I just got a mn-700 basestation and finally got it
to work properly with my notebook running an ethernet
connection. my notebook also has wireless adapter and I
am trying to connect it thru wireless The laptop says it
has good wireless connection. I mean the connection
sends packets but not receiving any packets..

I am not able to browse internet eventhough the wireless
signal strength is extremely good.

JC

I have the same problem. I have an old MN500 that has
worked well for over a year now, but tonight after I
reinstalled an ethernet card driver on my thinkPad, I no
longer have internet access, via my laptop.

I can access my other networked PC without a problem from
my laptop, and it has full internet access, but the
internet is dead from my laptop. If anyone has any ideas,
please let me know!!

When you reinstalled the driver, it might have set you up with the default
SSID and channel number. Change them to whatever you have your base station
set for. Also, make sure the network adapter for the wireless connection is
enabled.