[40k] Violators marines

I'm interested in painting up some Violators. Just for kicks I thought I'd
see if anyone had any info on them other than the codex EOT stuff. I've been
seeing the picture of the one berserker style Marine for a few years. I'm
hoping there was a write up in WD that I missed that might give some idea of
their fluff and special rules.
I would be most appreciative if one of you could point me in the right
direction.

--
Sir Scott "Not yet Violated... " McDaniel

"Scott McDaniel" <smcdaniel1@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm interested in painting up some Violators. Just for kicks I thought I'd
> see if anyone had any info on them other than the codex EOT stuff.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/bookdetail.asp?id=210

They are in this book.

Rob

"Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Scott McDaniel" <smcdaniel1@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I'm interested in painting up some Violators. Just for kicks I thought
>> I'd see if anyone had any info on them other than the codex EOT stuff.
>
> http://www.blacklibrary.com/bookdetail.asp?id=210
>
> They are in this book.

what he means is:

they're a renegade chapter dedicated to slaanesh. there are no dates or
information concerning their founding or defection, but given the general
context of the book I got the impression that the latter would have been
fairly recent in 40K terms - they still use imperial-style equipment like
thunderhawks (albeit possessed ones...), assault squads with jump packs, and
assault cannons (there are no terminators mentioned, but their commander is
a dreadnought). the story is set in the maelstrom, and the violators
contingent is described as being roughly 4 companies strong, or "a third" of
the entire chapter - there's no hint of where the rest of the chapter is,
how or why it's divided, but one has to assume they're elsewhere in the
maelstrom. I won't tell you what actually happens to them during the story,
but I'd definitely recommend the book; it's far better written and more
enjoyable than the majority of BL pulp.

"Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Scott McDaniel" <smcdaniel1@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm interested in painting up some Violators. Just for kicks I thought
>>> I'd see if anyone had any info on them other than the codex EOT stuff.
>>
>> http://www.blacklibrary.com/bookdetail.asp?id=210
>>
>> They are in this book.
>
> what he means is:
>
> they're a renegade chapter dedicated to slaanesh. there are no dates or
> information concerning their founding or defection, but given the general
> context of the book I got the impression that the latter would have been
> fairly recent in 40K terms - they still use imperial-style equipment like
> thunderhawks (albeit possessed ones...), assault squads with jump packs,
> and assault cannons (there are no terminators mentioned, but their
> commander is a dreadnought). the story is set in the maelstrom, and the
> violators contingent is described as being roughly 4 companies strong, or
> "a third" of the entire chapter - there's no hint of where the rest of the
> chapter is, how or why it's divided, but one has to assume they're
> elsewhere in the maelstrom. I won't tell you what actually happens to
> them during the story, but I'd definitely recommend the book; it's far
> better written and more enjoyable than the majority of BL pulp.

Thank you Al.

That helps immensely.

--
Sir Scott "Tardly... " McDaniel