Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Laptop speakers hissing

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
November 14, 2009 1:37:42 PM

Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop and for a while now the speakers have been making a hissing noise. I can get rid of it by toggling the sound wheel but it comes back in a minute. The sound on the laptop can be muted and it still happens.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated as it is very annoying !

Thanks
a b D Laptop
November 14, 2009 3:46:47 PM

Does it only happen when the PC is plugged into the wall?

What do you mean by "sound wheel"?
m
l
November 14, 2009 6:48:52 PM

No, it doesn't only happen when it is plugged into the wall.

There is a wheel on the front of the laptop to control the volume.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 8, 2009 4:08:26 PM

I have the exact same problem (Toshiba laptop and volume wheel stops it). Please get back to me on here if you have found a solution! Thanks!
m
l
December 8, 2009 9:42:04 PM

jesssylvie said:
Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop and for a while now the speakers have been making a hissing noise. I can get rid of it by toggling the sound wheel but it comes back in a minute. The sound on the laptop can be muted and it still happens.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated as it is very annoying !

Thanks

I'm sorry i cant help, I have a similar question futher down the page. I am interested in A500-17x and doing some research came across this problem on another forum. They reckon its a software conflict between Realtek and nvidia drivers. But no one has come up with a fix yet. Must see a fix before i buy. Hope someone can respond with said fix.

eamonn m
m
l

Best solution

January 9, 2010 7:38:35 PM
January 9, 2010 7:44:09 PM

Yes ! It doesn't hiss anymore since changing the performance to high :D 

Thank you :) 
m
l
January 10, 2010 1:13:47 AM

Quote:
I have the exact same problem (Toshiba laptop and volume wheel stops it). Please get back to me on here if you have found a solution! Thanks!

Solved! Found the following at:

FtobKAkb_8J:www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/motherboards-bios-cpu/225806-hissing-sound.html+hissing+vista+performance+piezoelectric&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:p FtobKAkb_8J:www.te...

Adjusted Vista power performance to high performance and the hiss is gone!
m
l
January 10, 2010 1:21:37 AM

eamonn m said:
I'm sorry i cant help, I have a similar question futher down the page. I am interested in A500-17x and doing some research came across this problem on another forum. They reckon its a software conflict between Realtek and nvidia drivers. But no one has come up with a fix yet. Must see a fix before i buy. Hope someone can respond with said fix.

eamonn m

Solved! Found the following at:

FtobKAkb_8J:www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/motherboards-bios-cpu/225806-hissing-sound.html+hissing+vista+performance+piezoelectric&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:p FtobKAkb_8J:www.te...

Adjusted Vista power performance to high performance and the hiss is gone!
m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 24, 2010 6:36:07 PM

that didnt work on my laptop any other suggestion?
m
l
!