Solved

Laptop speakers hissing

Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop and for a while now the speakers have been making a hissing noise. I can get rid of it by toggling the sound wheel but it comes back in a minute. The sound on the laptop can be muted and it still happens.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated as it is very annoying !

Thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop speakers hissing
  1. Does it only happen when the PC is plugged into the wall?

    What do you mean by "sound wheel"?
  2. No, it doesn't only happen when it is plugged into the wall.

    There is a wheel on the front of the laptop to control the volume.
  3. I have the exact same problem (Toshiba laptop and volume wheel stops it). Please get back to me on here if you have found a solution! Thanks!
  4. jesssylvie said:
    Hello,

    I have a Toshiba laptop and for a while now the speakers have been making a hissing noise. I can get rid of it by toggling the sound wheel but it comes back in a minute. The sound on the laptop can be muted and it still happens.
    If anyone can help it would be much appreciated as it is very annoying !

    Thanks


    I'm sorry i cant help, I have a similar question futher down the page. I am interested in A500-17x and doing some research came across this problem on another forum. They reckon its a software conflict between Realtek and nvidia drivers. But no one has come up with a fix yet. Must see a fix before i buy. Hope someone can respond with said fix.

    eamonn m
  5. Best answer
  6. Yes ! It doesn't hiss anymore since changing the performance to high :D

    Thank you :)
  7. Quote:
    I have the exact same problem (Toshiba laptop and volume wheel stops it). Please get back to me on here if you have found a solution! Thanks!


    Solved! Found the following at:

    http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:pFtobKAkb_8J:www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/motherboards-bios-cpu/225806-hissing-sound.html+hissing+vista+performance+piezoelectric&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

    Adjusted Vista power performance to high performance and the hiss is gone!
  8. eamonn m said:
    I'm sorry i cant help, I have a similar question futher down the page. I am interested in A500-17x and doing some research came across this problem on another forum. They reckon its a software conflict between Realtek and nvidia drivers. But no one has come up with a fix yet. Must see a fix before i buy. Hope someone can respond with said fix.

    eamonn m


    Solved! Found the following at:


    http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:pFtobKAkb_8J:www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/motherboards-bios-cpu/225806-hissing-sound.html+hissing+vista+performance+piezoelectric&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca


    Adjusted Vista power performance to high performance and the hiss is gone!
  9. that didnt work on my laptop any other suggestion?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Speakers Toshiba