[40K] Combat Patrols

Hi

A group of my son friends would like to get into 40K via Combat Patrol, as
we can play 2 games side by side in less than an hour, we would like to set
up a league with a few different forces to play with.

Any go any suggestions for best armies to use and their composition -
bearing in mind that I will have to do most of the painting till they get up
to speed.

Would love to get 4-6 forces up and running

We already have marine and necrons

Marines are 2x8 Man Tac Squad with Sgt's and 1xDev Squad with MLx3 LCx1 +Sgt
or Leader +rhino and 9man Tac Squad with Sgt and Landspeeder

Necrons either all warriors with Thane (Leader) from the patrol clash
website
or 3 Destroyers +14 Warriors - who are very hard to beat

Cheap Patrol compositions appreciated with room for variation

Cheers

JB
10 answers Last reply
More about combat patrols

    King Jeremy the Wicked wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > A group of my son friends would like to get into 40K via Combat Patrol, as
    > we can play 2 games side by side in less than an hour, we would like to set
    > up a league with a few different forces to play with.
    >
    > Any go any suggestions for best armies to use and their composition -
    > bearing in mind that I will have to do most of the painting till they get up
    > to speed.
    >
    > Would love to get 4-6 forces up and running
    >
    > We already have marine and necrons
    >
    > Marines are 2x8 Man Tac Squad with Sgt's and 1xDev Squad with MLx3 LCx1 +Sgt
    > or Leader +rhino and 9man Tac Squad with Sgt and Landspeeder
    >
    > Necrons either all warriors with Thane (Leader) from the patrol clash
    > website
    > or 3 Destroyers +14 Warriors - who are very hard to beat
    >
    > Cheap Patrol compositions appreciated with room for variation

    Imperial Guard, an infantry platoon with heavy weapons & an armored fist
    squad. That's 300 points, and I'm sure you can come up with another 100
    points worth of heavy weapons and upgrades.

    That's one IG battalion box, and one of the chimera & squad boxes. You
    can always save the Leman Russ for later.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > I was thinking he might actually want to stay away from IG & Nids
    >for the simple fact it's a lot of minis for either army and he's
    >apparently doing all the painting.

    Better to start small, then. :-)

    > Not sure how viable orks would be
    >for that reason either,

    "For that reason"? Orks aren't viable for any reason and haven't been
    since 2nd Ed...

    > though perhaps with a Kan or two it might be ok.
    >Eldar with their more points costly units might be a better choice for
    >combat patrols in terms of the amount of model buying/painting it would
    >require to field.

    A combat patrol I've worked out but never built for my current
    favourite army:

    8 Pathfinders: 3 rail rifles. 126pts
    Devilfish: Decoy launcher, seeker missile 95pts

    8 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui, markerlight, target lock 107pts

    10 Kroot: 70pts

    398pts

    Sets needed:

    Fire Warriors + Devilfish set (8 + transport)
    Kroot Carnivore Squad (16)
    2 x Pathfinders (3)
    2 x Pathfinders with rail rifles (2)

    In UK prices that works out at about £64, which isn't bad - the
    suggested IG configuration works out at £75 plus additional plasma
    guns etc.

    Combat Patrol's good for Tau because they don't have to worry about
    dealing with AV13 or greater - the seeker and rail rifles should see
    off lighter vehicles, or failing that massed pulse rifle fire, and
    they've got the numbers and squads to put up a decent fight against
    most 500pt opponents. The seeker can easily be replaced with additional
    Kroot vs. Necrons or anyone else without a vehicle. If it's a little
    short on punch the Pathfinders could be substituted for a Crisis team
    (3 x plasma rifle + fusion blaster + multitracker = 204pts, compared
    with 224 for the Pathfinders + Devilfish), though that's pretty fragile
    for my liking and brings the cost down to £50 since everything is
    included in the Battleforce. A third configuration might be:

    2 Crisis Shas'ui: Plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multitracker.
    136pts

    8 Fire Warriors:
    80pts
    Devilish: Decoy launcher.
    85pts

    14 Kroot:
    98pts

    Total: 399pts

    This comes to the equivalent of £63 (1 Kroot box, 2 Crisis sets and
    the Fire Warrior/Devilfish box)l, and while total firepower drops it's
    better-optimised for Marine and Necron-killing with up to 6 AP1-3 shots
    a turn at close range. Fusion blasters prevent Necrons coming back as
    an added bonus (instant death to T4). The Devilfish can be swapped out
    for 8 more Fire Warriors if you need more weight of fire, though it can
    muster 5 S5 shots on its own so you lose little shootiness by using it
    (and can get the Fire Warriors into firefight range if you want to take
    that risk). Or you could go all-out shooty in true Tau fashion:

    2 Crisis Shas'ui: Plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multitracker.
    136pts

    8 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui.
    90pts

    8 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui.
    90pts

    8 Fire Warriors:
    80pts

    That's a lot of long-range S5 firepower; it'll reliably down a couple
    of Marines/Necrons a turn at long range in addition to those the Crisis
    suits kill and will be murderous against nearly anybody else, but it's
    not very tough or flexible without transports or Kroot.

    Philip Bowles
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >The best thing do do is get a good mixture of army types, don't try to do 6
    >different power armour forces. You already have SMs and Necrons, so ideally
    >go for some light infantry forces... Guard, Eldar, Nids and Tau, say?

    Hmm. with that in mind my recommendations would be Tau (mid-toughness,
    shooty, numbers) and Tyranids (close combat horde, fragile) - neither
    Necrons nor this Marine Patrol is a close combat force so that adds a
    new dimension. Eldar are another elite army with low numbers and 'power
    armour' saves (albeit a fair few weaker saves as well), and Guard don't
    really offer anything at this scale since you can't field that much and
    none of their tanks.

    >I'll keep things simple by sticking to availiable box sets and blisters, and
    >avoiding conversions, and trying to give a fair mixture of unit types. This
    >is something like what I used to field for a Tau force:
    >
    >---------
    >12 Fire Warriors, 6 pulse rifles, 6 pulse carbines, Shas'ui, 2 Gun Drones
    >(150pts)
    >

    >10 Fire Warriors, 10 pulse rifles (100pts)
    >

    >5 Stealth Suits (150pts)

    As ghastly as the models are, I'd be inclined to take Crisis over this
    unit - or failing that, a Devilfish and some Kroot (maybe dropping the
    gun drones). This gives you nothing *but* S5 firepower, however much of
    it there is, and as daunting as it looks it equates to an average of
    3.33 dead Marines/Necrons a turn (assuming everything's within 18" but
    not within 12"). Nor does it make much use of the Tau ability to field
    large forces. Replacing the Stealths with 15 Fire Warriors gives you
    the same amount of firepower at 30" as Stealths give at 18", doubles it
    within 12" and is a lot tougher, however hard Stealths may be to shoot.

    >This pours out a vast amount of S5 shooting, has a fair mix of different
    >squad types,

    Um...two. :-)

    >and gives a new player a feel for the jetpack rules without
    >getting bogged down in Crisis Suit weapon configurations. For combat patrol
    >you're not going to have to worry about heavy vehicles, so big guns are an
    >unneccesary distraction.

    AV12 is possible, though, and nothing here can scratch it.

    Of course, if you've got a fortune to spend on a Combat Patrol there's
    another option again:

    12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui 130pts

    Piranha: Fusion blaster, multi-tracker, decoy launchers, targeting
    array. 75pts

    6 Pathfinders: 2 rail rifles. Shas'ui - target lock. 102pts
    Devilfish: Decoy launchers 85pts

    399pts

    This gives you killability without Crisis and without much in the way
    of special rules, though even upgraded the Piranha's a fragile machine.
    Still, the enemy has two vehicles to content with and reasonable
    infantry support, with the Pathfinders able to act as a Devastator
    squad-equivalent. Of course, being a Forge World vehicle, the Piranha
    practically doubles the cost of the force in monetary terms.

    >Since I've been spending so much time arguing about developing Eldar with
    >Phil and John recently, its a bit weird to go back to the official codex
    >list, but here goes my shot at an Eldar Combat Patrol...
    >
    >----------
    >14 Guardians, Shuriken Catapults, Warlock, Witch Blade, Shuriken Pistol,
    >Conceal (159pts)

    I don't think I'd spend points on the Warlock at this level. With so
    few squads there's bound to be enough cover for the Guardians, and I'd
    rather give them a heavy weapon - that or invest in Avengers who, as
    hateful as it may be for them to get into close combat, are more
    capable.

    >5 Striking Scorpions, Plasma and Haywire Grenades (95pts)

    I wouldn't bother with the grenade upgrade either - too expensive just
    for plasma and they won't be needing haywire at this level.

    >5 Rangers (95pts)

    Probably not very necessary since you've got Guardians and only need 1
    Troops unit for Combat Patrol.

    >Vyper, Shuriken Cannon (50pts)
    >
    >Total 399pts, 35 infantry models, 1 vehicle
    >----------

    My configuration:

    5 Fire Dragons: 85pts

    6 Striking Scorpions: 96pts

    7 Guardians 56pts
    Starcannon + 2 crew 50pts

    7 Guardians 56pts
    Eldar missile launcher + 2 crew 55pts

    398pts

    29 models, 2 heavy weapons, up to 9 S6+ AP3 or better shots a turn (5
    at BS4), all capable of anti-infantry work as well as being more than
    suffient to take out any vehicles by the end of turn 1.

    As I don't have the most recent incarnations of the IG and Nid Codexes,
    I'll
    let somebody else take a shot with those if they want to.

    How about this:

    Command Section: Junior Officer with bolt pistol and power weapon,
    autocannon, 2 x plasma gun.
    81pts

    Infantry squad: Veteran Sergeant with laspistol and chainsword, missile
    launcher, plasma gun. 91pts

    Infantry squad: Veteran Sergeant with laspistol and chainsword,
    autocannon, plasma gun. 91pts

    Basilisk: Indirect fire
    125pts

    388pts

    Okay, that's mean I admit, but IIRC Basilisks are allowed in Combat
    Patrol (or is it no Ordnance?). If not, swap it out for a couple of
    Sentinels or a Hellhound.

    Philip Bowles
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <iMudnbw2SL942IreRVn-3Q@comcast.com>, Brion K. Lienhart,
    brionl@lienhart.name Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    > King Jeremy the Wicked wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > A group of my son friends would like to get into 40K via Combat Patrol, as
    > > we can play 2 games side by side in less than an hour, we would like to set
    > > up a league with a few different forces to play with.
    > >
    > > Any go any suggestions for best armies to use and their composition -
    > > bearing in mind that I will have to do most of the painting till they get up
    > > to speed.
    > >
    > > Would love to get 4-6 forces up and running
    > >
    > > We already have marine and necrons
    > >
    > > Marines are 2x8 Man Tac Squad with Sgt's and 1xDev Squad with MLx3 LCx1 +Sgt
    > > or Leader +rhino and 9man Tac Squad with Sgt and Landspeeder
    > >
    > > Necrons either all warriors with Thane (Leader) from the patrol clash
    > > website
    > > or 3 Destroyers +14 Warriors - who are very hard to beat
    > >
    > > Cheap Patrol compositions appreciated with room for variation
    >
    > Imperial Guard, an infantry platoon with heavy weapons & an armored fist
    > squad. That's 300 points, and I'm sure you can come up with another 100
    > points worth of heavy weapons and upgrades.
    >
    > That's one IG battalion box, and one of the chimera & squad boxes. You
    > can always save the Leman Russ for later.

    I was thinking he might actually want to stay away from IG & Nids
    for the simple fact it's a lot of minis for either army and he's
    apparently doing all the painting. Not sure how viable orks would be
    for that reason either, though perhaps with a Kan or two it might be ok.
    Eldar with their more points costly units might be a better choice for
    combat patrols in terms of the amount of model buying/painting it would
    require to field.

    Myr

    --
    "I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
    and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

    -- Moramarth

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "King Jeremy the Wicked" <1@1.vbb> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > A group of my son friends would like to get into 40K via Combat Patrol, as
    > we can play 2 games side by side in less than an hour, we would like to
    > set up a league with a few different forces to play with.
    >
    > Any go any suggestions for best armies to use and their composition -
    > bearing in mind that I will have to do most of the painting till they get
    > up to speed.

    The best thing do do is get a good mixture of army types, don't try to do 6
    different power armour forces. You already have SMs and Necrons, so ideally
    go for some light infantry forces... Guard, Eldar, Nids and Tau, say?
    That'll give the players a good variation, and hopefully will mean that if
    they do get into the full game they won't automatically go for Marines like
    every other new player seems to. It might mean quite alot of painting,
    however, as those can be quite heavy on the model count.

    I'll keep things simple by sticking to availiable box sets and blisters, and
    avoiding conversions, and trying to give a fair mixture of unit types. This
    is something like what I used to field for a Tau force:

    ----------
    12 Fire Warriors, 6 pulse rifles, 6 pulse carbines, Shas'ui, 2 Gun Drones
    (150pts)

    10 Fire Warriors, 10 pulse rifles (100pts)

    5 Stealth Suits (150pts)

    Total 400pts, 29 infantry models
    ----------

    This pours out a vast amount of S5 shooting, has a fair mix of different
    squad types, and gives a new player a feel for the jetpack rules without
    getting bogged down in Crisis Suit weapon configurations. For combat patrol
    you're not going to have to worry about heavy vehicles, so big guns are an
    unneccesary distraction. You could also try swapping a FW squad for a larger
    Kroot unit, the only problem there for new players is the big list of
    special rules they have.

    Since I've been spending so much time arguing about developing Eldar with
    Phil and John recently, its a bit weird to go back to the official codex
    list, but here goes my shot at an Eldar Combat Patrol...

    ----------
    14 Guardians, Shuriken Catapults, Warlock, Witch Blade, Shuriken Pistol,
    Conceal (159pts)

    5 Striking Scorpions, Plasma and Haywire Grenades (95pts)

    5 Rangers (95pts)

    Vyper, Shuriken Cannon (50pts)

    Total 399pts, 35 infantry models, 1 vehicle
    ----------

    A good mixture of units to give a new player a feel for the army, I feel.
    Despite the limitations of the shuricat in its current form, I couldn't
    really not include a Guardian squad, and the Concealing Warlock will at
    least give them a chance to do *something* without being wiped out. The
    Vyper is more survivable at the small point level with fewer heavy weapons
    pointing at it, and even if the shuricannon isn't the greatest weapon in its
    current incarnation its ok for hunting down the lighter vehicles you'll face
    in Combat Patrol.

    As I don't have the most recent incarnations of the IG and Nid Codexes, I'll
    let somebody else take a shot with those if they want to.

    Tim
    --
    ----------------
    I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!

    If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >> A lot of armies were roughed out starting at $100 (retail) budget each and
    >> then going from there.
    >
    >Speaking of which, is it still going? Not been an update for a while, and I
    >lost track of how many months in we were and how long it was intended to
    >last.

    Well, there was a thread with everyone posting final month lists - I
    never got round to adding month 7 (or was it 8?) to my Dark Elves. I
    meant to come up with an overall summary, but discussion moved onto
    other things before I had the time so it rather fell by the wayside.
    I'll try to collate it all from past posts if I have time in the next
    few weeks.

    Philip Bowles
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    King Jeremy the Wicked wrote:
    > A group of my son friends would like to get into 40K via Combat Patrol,

    OK.

    > we would like to set
    > up a league with a few different forces to play with.
    >
    > Any go any suggestions for best armies to use

    Space Marines are the easiest to start with.

    > and their composition -

    For simplicity, start with 1 Battleforce box per army. A few months
    from now, bulk up to 500 pts per army.

    > Would love to get 4-6 forces up and running

    1. Space Marines
    2. Chaos Space Marines
    3. Tau
    4. Imperial Guard
    5. Nids
    6. Necrons (ew)

    These are "easy" to start with. The minis are easy to build, and the
    boxes are decent enough. Buy via eBay or WarStore mailorder to help
    with the cost.

    7. Eldar
    8. Orks
    9. Dark Eldar

    These are problematic. Eldar want lots of metal models. Orks are very
    dated. Dark Eldar are all but discontinued.
    These should give decent starts.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    King Jeremy the Wicked wrote:
    > Any go any suggestions for best armies to use and their composition -

    Oh, yeah. Search Google Groups on the Talk of RGWM Gamers thing. A lot
    of armies were roughed out starting at $100 (retail) budget each and
    then going from there.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >The best thing do do is get a good mixture of army types, don't try to do
    > >6
    >>different power armour forces. You already have SMs and Necrons, so
    >>ideally
    >>go for some light infantry forces... Guard, Eldar, Nids and Tau, say?
    >
    > Hmm. with that in mind my recommendations would be Tau (mid-toughness,
    > shooty, numbers) and Tyranids (close combat horde, fragile) - neither
    > Necrons nor this Marine Patrol is a close combat force so that adds a
    > new dimension. Eldar are another elite army with low numbers and 'power
    > armour' saves (albeit a fair few weaker saves as well), and Guard don't
    > really offer anything at this scale since you can't field that much and
    > none of their tanks.
    >
    >>I'll keep things simple by sticking to availiable box sets and blisters,
    >>and
    >>avoiding conversions, and trying to give a fair mixture of unit types.
    >>This
    >>is something like what I used to field for a Tau force:
    >>
    >>---------
    >>12 Fire Warriors, 6 pulse rifles, 6 pulse carbines, Shas'ui, 2 Gun Drones
    >>(150pts)
    >>

    >>10 Fire Warriors, 10 pulse rifles (100pts)
    >>

    >>5 Stealth Suits (150pts)
    >
    > As ghastly as the models are, I'd be inclined to take Crisis over this
    > unit - or failing that, a Devilfish and some Kroot (maybe dropping the
    > gun drones). This gives you nothing *but* S5 firepower, however much of
    > it there is, and as daunting as it looks it equates to an average of
    > 3.33 dead Marines/Necrons a turn (assuming everything's within 18" but
    > not within 12"). Nor does it make much use of the Tau ability to field
    > large forces. Replacing the Stealths with 15 Fire Warriors gives you
    > the same amount of firepower at 30" as Stealths give at 18", doubles it
    > within 12" and is a lot tougher, however hard Stealths may be to shoot.
    >
    >>This pours out a vast amount of S5 shooting, has a fair mix of different
    >>squad types,
    >
    > Um...two. :-)

    For Combat Patrol, that IS plenty :-). Anyway, I meant roles rather than
    types, each squad has a different job, the pulse rifle unit is static ranged
    firepower, bigger mixed FW unit is close up firefight, and the stealths are
    for popping up in unexpected places pouring on mid-ranged fire, and
    generally being annoying.

    >>and gives a new player a feel for the jetpack rules without
    >>getting bogged down in Crisis Suit weapon configurations. For combat
    >>patrol
    >>you're not going to have to worry about heavy vehicles, so big guns are an
    >>unneccesary distraction.
    >
    > AV12 is possible, though, and nothing here can scratch it.

    Only other Tau can get 11 at the side as well though, and there'll only be
    one Tau army. Chimeras are the other AV12 option I can think of, and with
    AV10 sides they're very vulnerable to being flanked by the Stealths.

    > Of course, if you've got a fortune to spend on a Combat Patrol there's
    > another option again:
    >
    > 12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui 130pts
    >
    > Piranha: Fusion blaster, multi-tracker, decoy launchers, targeting
    > array. 75pts
    >
    > 6 Pathfinders: 2 rail rifles. Shas'ui - target lock. 102pts
    > Devilfish: Decoy launchers 85pts
    >
    > 399pts
    >
    > This gives you killability without Crisis and without much in the way
    > of special rules, though even upgraded the Piranha's a fragile machine.
    > Still, the enemy has two vehicles to content with and reasonable
    > infantry support, with the Pathfinders able to act as a Devastator
    > squad-equivalent. Of course, being a Forge World vehicle, the Piranha
    > practically doubles the cost of the force in monetary terms.

    They're also not (yet) part of the Codex list, which may cause problems
    depending on how bothered local players are about such things.

    >>Since I've been spending so much time arguing about developing Eldar with
    >>Phil and John recently, its a bit weird to go back to the official codex
    >>list, but here goes my shot at an Eldar Combat Patrol...
    >>
    >>----------
    >>14 Guardians, Shuriken Catapults, Warlock, Witch Blade, Shuriken Pistol,
    >>Conceal (159pts)
    >
    > I don't think I'd spend points on the Warlock at this level.

    It was as much to provide a 'leader' model as much as anything else - it
    isn't required by the rules, but I tend to at least include somebody at Vet
    Sarge level in Combat Patrol to tell the troops what to do, and it adds a
    little character (geddit?) to the game. Same justification for the Shas'ui
    in the Tau list.

    > With so
    > few squads there's bound to be enough cover for the Guardians, and I'd
    > rather give them a heavy weapon - that or invest in Avengers who, as
    > hateful as it may be for them to get into close combat, are more
    > capable.

    I may agree on the Avengers, actually, but as they seem to suffer in
    comparison with Guardians these days I didn't want to hurt the list too
    much.

    >>5 Striking Scorpions, Plasma and Haywire Grenades (95pts)
    >
    > I wouldn't bother with the grenade upgrade either - too expensive just
    > for plasma and they won't be needing haywire at this level.

    It was to give new players a feel for how grenade rules work, as much as
    anything - I agree that plasma and haywire isn't really worth +3 pts for
    Scorpions in any size game.

    >>5 Rangers (95pts)
    >
    > Probably not very necessary since you've got Guardians and only need 1
    > Troops unit for Combat Patrol.

    But they add variety to the unit types available.

    >>Vyper, Shuriken Cannon (50pts)
    >>
    >>Total 399pts, 35 infantry models, 1 vehicle
    >>----------
    >
    > My configuration:
    >
    > 5 Fire Dragons: 85pts
    >
    > 6 Striking Scorpions: 96pts
    >
    > 7 Guardians 56pts
    > Starcannon + 2 crew 50pts
    >
    > 7 Guardians 56pts
    > Eldar missile launcher + 2 crew 55pts
    >
    > 398pts
    >
    > 29 models, 2 heavy weapons, up to 9 S6+ AP3 or better shots a turn (5
    > at BS4), all capable of anti-infantry work as well as being more than
    > suffient to take out any vehicles by the end of turn 1.

    That's a reasonable force.

    > As I don't have the most recent incarnations of the IG and Nid Codexes,
    > I'll
    > let somebody else take a shot with those if they want to.
    >
    > How about this:
    >
    > Command Section: Junior Officer with bolt pistol and power weapon,
    > autocannon, 2 x plasma gun.
    > 81pts
    >
    > Infantry squad: Veteran Sergeant with laspistol and chainsword, missile
    > launcher, plasma gun. 91pts
    >
    > Infantry squad: Veteran Sergeant with laspistol and chainsword,
    > autocannon, plasma gun. 91pts

    Eww, plasma plague. Don't get new 40K players into bad habits, you might
    have to play against them yourself one day. Its also a little 1-dimensional
    for a new player to get themselves into, if you want to introduce them to
    more of 40K than just the shooting phase ;-). I'd swap the command section's
    Autocannon for something else (or drop the heavy weapon completely), so that
    you can get all the heavy weapons for the Patrol from buying one weapons
    team box, and give the command section grenade launchers instead of plasmas,
    if only because the GLs are free on the standard infantry sprue, whereas
    plasmas are seperate metal models (unless you have some spare bits of
    Marines, and follow my conversion guide on genbus :-) ).

    > Basilisk: Indirect fire
    > 125pts
    >
    > 388pts
    >
    > Okay, that's mean I admit, but IIRC Basilisks are allowed in Combat
    > Patrol (or is it no Ordnance?). If not, swap it out for a couple of
    > Sentinels or a Hellhound.

    No ordnance weapons, so a pair of sentinels should do nicely instead. Or
    just 1 sentinel, drop the command section heavy and the infantry squad
    plasma guns and use the points to buy a 3rd infantry squad, even if its just
    with lasguns and a flamer?

    Tim
    --
    ----------------
    I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!
    Jim M - Usenet out-take

    If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
    > King Jeremy the Wicked wrote:
    >> Any go any suggestions for best armies to use and their composition -
    >
    > Oh, yeah. Search Google Groups on the Talk of RGWM Gamers thing.

    TALE of RGMW Gamers, that is :-)

    It starts here.... http://makeashorterlink.com/?V281259BB

    > A lot of armies were roughed out starting at $100 (retail) budget each and
    > then going from there.

    Speaking of which, is it still going? Not been an update for a while, and I
    lost track of how many months in we were and how long it was intended to
    last.

    Tim
    --
    I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!
    Jim M - Usenet out-take

    If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.

Games Video Games