Spybot S&D

Hi

I've just install Spybot S&D and downloaded updates. I have 'teatimer'
checked as well and I think it is causing me this problem. The problem is
that Spybot is telling me that there has been a registry change under Brower
Helper Object\Value deleted. I cannot cancel the box and the boxes under
the heading 'New Date' where 'Remember this decision' / 'Info' buttons are,
the other button are not visible with text. I think the dialogue box is
corrupted.

Please can you let me know the best thing to do to fix this problem.

Thank you.
Julia
5 answers Last reply
More about spybot

    I have seen this when using various screen resolutions. The information box
    does not expand correctly. It did not occur with version 1.3. It is new to
    version 1.4. Hopefully it will be fixed.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've just install Spybot S&D and downloaded updates. I have 'teatimer'
    > checked as well and I think it is causing me this problem. The problem is
    > that Spybot is telling me that there has been a registry change under
    > Brower Helper Object\Value deleted. I cannot cancel the box and the boxes
    > under the heading 'New Date' where 'Remember this decision' / 'Info'
    > buttons are, the other button are not visible with text. I think the
    > dialogue box is corrupted.
    >
    > Please can you let me know the best thing to do to fix this problem.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Julia

    Yes, it's 1.4.

    Can you please let me know if I should then deselect the Teatimer? Am I
    correct in saying that this notifies you that there is a registry change.

    Kind regards
    Julia

    "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have seen this when using various screen resolutions. The information box
    >does not expand correctly. It did not occur with version 1.3. It is new to
    >version 1.4. Hopefully it will be fixed.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Quote from: George Ankner
    >
    > "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I've just install Spybot S&D and downloaded updates. I have 'teatimer'
    >> checked as well and I think it is causing me this problem. The problem
    >> is that Spybot is telling me that there has been a registry change under
    >> Brower Helper Object\Value deleted. I cannot cancel the box and the
    >> boxes under the heading 'New Date' where 'Remember this decision' /
    >> 'Info' buttons are, the other button are not visible with text. I think
    >> the dialogue box is corrupted.
    >>
    >> Please can you let me know the best thing to do to fix this problem.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >> Julia

    I am using 1024x768 resolution. I see just enough of what I need to be able
    to function. At 800x600 Tea Timer is unusable. If it is unusable you may as
    well disable it. And yes, it does notify you of any registry changes.

    You can install the free version of Microsoft Anti Spyware (beta, not
    finished) here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx. . It
    has active modules that do pretty much the same thing that Tea Timer does.
    Note that there are developmental problems on some peoples computers. It is
    only in testing stage. There are special news groups for this product where
    the testers help each other along with problems.

    --

    > Yes, it's 1.4.
    >
    > Can you please let me know if I should then deselect the Teatimer? Am I
    > correct in saying that this notifies you that there is a registry change.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Julia
    >

    > "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:eAYhs3hlFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >>I have seen this when using various screen resolutions. The information
    >>box does not expand correctly. It did not occur with version 1.3. It is
    >>new to version 1.4. Hopefully it will be fixed.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> Quote from: George Ankner
    >> "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    >>
    >> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I've just install Spybot S&D and downloaded updates. I have 'teatimer'
    >>> checked as well and I think it is causing me this problem. The problem
    >>> is that Spybot is telling me that there has been a registry change under
    >>> Brower Helper Object\Value deleted. I cannot cancel the box and the
    >>> boxes under the heading 'New Date' where 'Remember this decision' /
    >>> 'Info' buttons are, the other button are not visible with text. I think
    >>> the dialogue box is corrupted.
    >>>
    >>> Please can you let me know the best thing to do to fix this problem.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>> Julia

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 06:45:06 -0400, "Richard Urban [MVP]"
    <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I am using 1024x768 resolution. I see just enough of what I need to be able
    >to function. At 800x600 Tea Timer is unusable. If it is unusable you may as
    >well disable it. And yes, it does notify you of any registry changes.
    >
    >You can install the free version of Microsoft Anti Spyware (beta, not
    >finished) here:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx. . It
    >has active modules that do pretty much the same thing that Tea Timer does.
    >Note that there are developmental problems on some peoples computers. It is
    >only in testing stage. There are special news groups for this product where
    >the testers help each other along with problems.

    Spybot temp work around
    You can still see the check box.

    Check it.
    If you want to allow it. Hit A
    if you want to deny it. Hit D

    If you want complain. Complain to borland. It is thier fault not
    spybot. They have not helped him, even through his an enterprise
    customer.

    Greg Ro

    If you check the box that is obscuring the left radio button, then carefully
    click above or below where the checkbox is, you can make it work.

    --
    For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
    "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have seen this when using various screen resolutions. The information box
    >does not expand correctly. It did not occur with version 1.3. It is new to
    >version 1.4. Hopefully it will be fixed.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Quote from: George Ankner
    >
    > "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I've just install Spybot S&D and downloaded updates. I have 'teatimer'
    >> checked as well and I think it is causing me this problem. The problem
    >> is that Spybot is telling me that there has been a registry change under
    >> Brower Helper Object\Value deleted. I cannot cancel the box and the
    >> boxes under the heading 'New Date' where 'Remember this decision' /
    >> 'Info' buttons are, the other button are not visible with text. I think
    >> the dialogue box is corrupted.
    >>
    >> Please can you let me know the best thing to do to fix this problem.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >> Julia

Spybot Microsoft Registry Windows XP