Sign in with
Your question

LCD releases radiation?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 8, 2009 3:41:18 AM

Hi does computer monitors release radiation? I read that CRT ones do (the big bulky ones) but im not sure if any radiation is leaked/realased by lcd computer monitors. Do LCD computer monitors give off any kind of harmful treats?

More about : lcd releases radiation

a c 196 C Monitor
July 8, 2009 4:19:03 AM

No.
December 25, 2009 10:10:47 AM

Yes they do emit radiation, otherwise it wouldn't be so tough to read long texts on LCD screens.
Don't believe me? Put a piece of newspaper next to your LCD screen and read both of them for a while, you will notice that by reading newspaper your eyes don't get tired that insanely fast by reading PC screen.
AND other aspect is that, LCD (actually all type of monitors) emit these waves of radiation that affect your face skin, trust me, I've spent alot of time in front of computer monitors and my skin isn't that good as it should be.
Computer manufacturers should find a new technology to use for building pc screens, otherwise it will remain harmful to human skin and overall health.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
December 25, 2009 6:50:06 PM

Yes they emit radiation. Normal visible light is radiation after all...

On a more serious note, they do not emit harmful radiation. Urukhai: the reason your eyes get tired more quickly has nothing at all to do with harmful radiation (and your skin problems are entirely unrelated). It has to do with the appearance of a backlit screen vs a page lit by an external source. A backlit screen is more difficult to read, but is not harmful to your eyes at all.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 25, 2009 9:09:55 PM

I think that a lot of eyesight problems began with Windows -- perhaps because one spent more time just staring at the screen than with DOS (and DOS programs tended to be illuminated text on a dark background).

From what I've heard, one of the known issues is that with computers the eyes are focused at one distance for prolonged periods whereas in normal situations the eye is continually encountering range of subjects at various distances. All the guides say you should stop and look around every so often while using a computer. Try telling gamers to do that.
a b C Monitor
December 25, 2009 10:47:24 PM

Blinking more often helps too. A lot of people don't realize it, but when staring at a computer, you blink much less often than you do in ordinary situations. This causes dry and painful eyes.
March 8, 2010 4:22:45 PM

You're talking bullshit. The only radiation a Lcd screen is emitting is heat which can't be harmful because is too far away from your face. Your eyes get tired because of the powerful light of the screen and because the image is refreshing all the time.
a b C Monitor
March 8, 2010 4:48:36 PM

The constant refreshing doesn't matter on an LCD. On a CRT, it does, since the screen actually goes dark between refreshes, but on an LCD, the screen is just on for the entire time, and the refresh rate has very little to do with eye strain.
March 8, 2010 4:51:27 PM

almost every thing emits radiation but not enough to harm you.
!