Play PS3 on HP w22 LCD monitor?

Is it possible to play PS3 on a HP w22 monitor? I have heard of people doing this by buying a HDMI to DVI cable but I have also read that it does not carry an audio signal so how would I be able to do this? Please help
4 answers Last reply
More about play monitor
  1. You could just use a HDMI cable and a HDMI screen.
    If not, get a sound system with the classic L/R analog cable input (I don't know if the PS3 supports optical audio, but I know the 360 does).
    Or get use to subtitles.
    Or rip apart a old TV for it's L/R audio input and speakers and use the LCD to play it on.
  2. anamaniac said:
    You could just use a HDMI cable and a HDMI screen.
    If not, get a sound system with the classic L/R analog cable input (I don't know if the PS3 supports optical audio, but I know the 360 does).
    Or get use to subtitles.
    Or rip apart a old TV for it's L/R audio input and speakers and use the LCD to play it on.

I haven't tried doing it... but it should be possible. Most LCDs nowadays are very compatible on modern console units. It should work. Good luck!
  3. Yeah, my 360 is compatible with my LCD TV too. Recognizes 1920x1080i, yet somehow using it's VGA port or rbg analog cables, I can't get a 16/9 aspect ratio or even a 720 resolution with my computer... A laptop with a Intel GPU, another laptop with a nvidia 9xxxm something GPU, desktops with a nVidia 7500LE, 4670, and 4870... too bad.
    ... 1280x1024 and 800x600 work with my comps though...

actually, wait, I just noticed the original post date of the guys comment...
  4. The guy probably has resolved this issue on his own. No more replies, good for him though. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CRT Monitors PlayStation LCD Monitor Hewlett Packard Peripherals