Connecting two sound outputs for my computer

I have purchased a LineX USB FM transmitter and it works perfectly. Only
problem is when I plug the transmitter into the USB port it cuts off my
PC speakers. When I remove the USB cable on come the speakers again in
my computer. Is there any method or location where I can use the FM
transmitter and also enjoy the music from my computer speakers as well.
would so much appreciate help on this one reply if you can to
mobyrne@jerpoint.com.
Thanks Ml

--
jerpoint
1 answer Last reply

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:42:03 +0000, jerpoint
    <jerpoint.1t251m@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >I have purchased a LineX USB FM transmitter and it works perfectly. Only
    >problem is when I plug the transmitter into the USB port it cuts off my
    >PC speakers. When I remove the USB cable on come the speakers again in
    >my computer. Is there any method or location where I can use the FM
    >transmitter and also enjoy the music from my computer speakers as well.
    >would so much appreciate help on this one reply if you can to
    >mobyrne@jerpoint.com.
    >Thanks Ml

    Its an FM Transmitter, the USB is taking control of the Sound Output
    bypassing your sound card and is now the default sound output.

    To use speakers as well you need to use a FM receiver to pick up the
    signal as normal and play it back through your hi fi system like any
    radio channel.. You won't be able to do it through speakers connected
    directly to your PC as the sound card has been cut out of the path.

    I have a Xtel HI Fi USB sound output filter does exactly the same
    thing, it by passes all the noisy internal audio stuff and injects a
    clean signal into my amp directly.

    Jonah

Speakers Computers USB Windows XP