Stuck pixel

(I know the choice of category is really out there but I thought I'd find guys who know about LCD screens the most here :P)

I have a stuck pixel on my laptop screen. It's green. I've tried all the java flashing colors solutions as well as rubbing/poking it gently and whatever other tips/tricks I could find. Nothing works.

What's next? Can I get it fixed somewhere for a cost? Any experiences? Has anyone tried gadgets like PixelTuneup? Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about stuck pixel
  1. No, yes, you have to replace the screen.
    Pixels go bad usually just go dark It's not unusual to have several bad on a new laptop.
    Manfacturers will warranty only if so many per sq inch are bad.
    I't would look a lot better if you could just turn it off. Sorry I've never heard of how to do that.
  2. mhelm1 said:
    No, yes, you have to replace the screen.
    Pixels go bad usually just go dark It's not unusual to have several bad on a new laptop.
    Manfacturers will warranty only if so many per sq inch are bad.
    I't would look a lot better if you could just turn it off. Sorry I've never heard of how to do that.

Hmm, maybe a microscopic dot of flat black paint?? :D.

Or the OP could try a tiny bit of clear transparent tape (Scotch tape) over the offending pixel, and then use a black marker fine-point pen to try to black it out, which would probably be less harsh on the antiglare surface than paint. If not satisfactory, gently peel off the tape..
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV Home Theatre