internet explorer.......default homepage

I am unable to change my default homepage......i have tried the usual but the
homepage reverts back.i have also ...blundered about in regedit...i found the
default url homepage and also deleted all references to the internet explorer
provider(wanadoo)...but only succeded in not displaying page...the window
stubornly appeared.....the default url homepage also stubbornly refused to be
deleted

Malke

mobeusI wrote:

> I am unable to change my default homepage......i have tried the usual
> but the homepage reverts back.i have also ...blundered about in
> regedit...i found the default url homepage and also deleted all
> references to the internet explorer provider(wanadoo)...but only
> succeded in not displaying page...the window stubornly
> appeared.....the default url homepage also stubbornly refused to be
> deleted

Is this on a home computer or a work computer? If it is a work computer,
there may be a restrictive policy in place. In this case, speak to your
IT Dept. If this is a home computer and your homepage has been hijacked
to somewhere you don't want to go, then you have malware and can follow
these general removal steps:

If you need more help, please post back with details about your
computer, your Internet connection, the unwanted homepage, and what (if
anything) you've already done to troubleshoot. Please also include the
name and version of your antivirus and whether your subscription is
current.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

"mobeusI" <mobeusI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to change my default homepage......i have tried the usual
> but the homepage reverts back.i have also ...blundered about in
> regedit...i found the default url homepage and also deleted all
> references to the internet explorer provider(wanadoo)...but only
> succeded in not displaying page...the window stubornly
> appeared.....the default url homepage also stubbornly refused to be
> deleted

Have you enabled the Immunize feature in SpyBot S & D?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Malke

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:

> "mobeusI" <mobeusI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I am unable to change my default homepage......i have tried the usual
>> but the homepage reverts back.i have also ...blundered about in
>> regedit...i found the default url homepage and also deleted all
>> references to the internet explorer provider(wanadoo)...but only
>> succeded in not displaying page...the window stubornly
>> appeared.....the default url homepage also stubbornly refused to be
>> deleted
>
> Have you enabled the Immunize feature in SpyBot S & D?

Ooh, good one Frank! I keep forgetting about that.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic"

kelly

Is that your broadband provider? Either way:

Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot and HijackThis:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:
>
>> "mobeusI" <mobeusI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am unable to change my default homepage......i have tried the
>>> usual but the homepage reverts back.i have also ...blundered about
>>> in regedit...i found the default url homepage and also deleted all
>>> references to the internet explorer provider(wanadoo)...but only
>>> succeded in not displaying page...the window stubornly
>>> appeared.....the default url homepage also stubbornly refused to be
>>> deleted
>>
>> Have you enabled the Immunize feature in SpyBot S & D?
>>
> Ooh, good one Frank! I keep forgetting about that.
>
> Malke

:)

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE