WH40K independent merchandise?

Greetings,

About a year ago, I remember visiting an independent company that was
making all sorts of WH40K merchandise, like key chains and belt buckles,
with the permission of GW. However, I cannot seem to locate the website
now. Anybody remember this company? I think they made minis for the game
too.

Thanks!

Condemned to the Games,
Scott
"We fight today because terrorists want to attack our country
and kill our citizens -- and Iraq is where they are making their stand.
So we will fight them there.... We will fight them across the world --
and we will stay in the fight until the fight is won."
--President George W. Bush
37 answers Last reply
More about wh40k independent merchandise

    > About a year ago, I remember visiting an independent company that was
    > making all sorts of WH40K merchandise, like key chains and belt buckles,
    > with the permission of GW. However, I cannot seem to locate the website
    > now. Anybody remember this company? I think they made minis for the game
    > too.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Condemned to the Games,
    > Scott

    Could it be this company?
    http://www.warpartefacts.com

    Cheers,
    Lars
    Denmark
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said

    > Condemned to the Games,
    > Scott

    That's the most game-nerdiest sig I think I've ever seen.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Greetings,

    >>>Could it be this company?
    http://www.warpartefacts.com<<<

    Thanks for the link! That is a cool site, but I don't think that was
    the company because all the prices are in Euros. The company I remember
    delt in dollars, so I think they were American.

    Cool site, though. Thanks!

    Condemned to the Games,
    Scott
    "We fight today because terrorists want to attack our country
    and kill our citizens -- and Iraq is where they are making their stand.
    So we will fight them there.... We will fight them across the world --
    and we will stay in the fight until the fight is won."
    --President George W. Bush
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Greetings,

    >>>That's the most game-nerdiest sig I think I've ever seen.<<<

    Well, considering my handle is WARGAMER Scott, what did you expect, a
    science-related salutation or the hum-drum "see ya"?

    And, for your info, "condemned to the games" is the English translation
    of an ancient gladiatorial phrase (I think the original Latin reads "reprobo
    ut venatus"). What could be a better description of a hardcore-wargamer
    such as myself? ;-)

    Condemned to the Games,
    Scott
    "We fight today because terrorists want to attack our country
    and kill our citizens -- and Iraq is where they are making their stand.
    So we will fight them there.... We will fight them across the world --
    and we will stay in the fight until the fight is won."
    --President George W. Bush
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Wargamer Scott wrote:

    >>   About a year ago, I remember visiting an independent company that was
    >> making all sorts of WH40K merchandise, like key chains and belt buckles

    Hey,

    http://www.bulldogbuckle.com/

    They used to be marketed under the "Battlegear" logo.

    HTH

    Playa

    --

    "Bulldog is to Warp Artefacts as Armorcast is to Forge World."
    - the ghost of 'All is Fair in Business'

    In article <1126023315.056824.322400@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    Playa, hurlgen40k@aol.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

    > Wargamer Scott wrote:
    >
    > >>   About a year ago, I remember visiting an independent company that was
    > >> making all sorts of WH40K merchandise, like key chains and belt buckles
    >
    > Hey,
    >
    > http://www.bulldogbuckle.com/
    >
    > They used to be marketed under the "Battlegear" logo.

    Yeah, I think this is the place Scott was asking about.
    Unfortunately it looks like they're no longer doing anything but GW /
    RTT trophies, as they link directly to the Warp Artefacts site for the
    items Scott was asking about.

    Myr :~/

    --
    "I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
    and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

    -- Moramarth

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said

    > And, for your info, "condemned to the games" is the English
    > translation
    > of an ancient gladiatorial phrase (I think the original Latin reads
    > "reprobo ut venatus"). What could be a better description of a
    > hardcore-wargamer such as myself? ;-)

    Probably "I need a Bath" if the NGs expereince with the "hardcore" gamer is
    anything to go by.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <Xns96C9E2A089004rsingers@IP-Hidden>, Robert Singers,
    rsingers@finger.hotmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said
    >
    > > And, for your info, "condemned to the games" is the English
    > > translation
    > > of an ancient gladiatorial phrase (I think the original Latin reads
    > > "reprobo ut venatus"). What could be a better description of a
    > > hardcore-wargamer such as myself? ;-)
    >
    > Probably "I need a Bath" if the NGs expereince with the "hardcore" gamer is
    > anything to go by.

    You forgot "... and a girlfriend." ;)

    Myr

    --
    "I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
    and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

    -- Moramarth

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said
    >
    >> And, for your info, "condemned to the games" is the English
    >> translation
    >> of an ancient gladiatorial phrase (I think the original Latin reads
    >> "reprobo ut venatus"). What could be a better description of a
    >> hardcore-wargamer such as myself? ;-)
    >

    > Probably "I need a Bath" if the NGs expereince with the "hardcore" gamer
    > is
    > anything to go by.

    A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially after
    the fiasco of last month.

    --
    Old Bear

    'It's the Man from Mongoose Hall - do you see?'
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:54:38 +0100, "Old Bear"
    <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:

    >"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said
    >>
    >>> And, for your info, "condemned to the games" is the English
    >>> translation
    >>> of an ancient gladiatorial phrase (I think the original Latin reads
    >>> "reprobo ut venatus"). What could be a better description of a
    >>> hardcore-wargamer such as myself? ;-)
    >>

    >> Probably "I need a Bath" if the NGs expereince with the "hardcore" gamer
    >> is
    >> anything to go by.
    >

    >A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially after
    >the fiasco of last month.

    you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:54:38 +0100, "Old Bear"
    > <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said

    >>> Probably "I need a Bath" if the NGs expereince with the "hardcore" gamer
    >>> is
    >>> anything to go by.
    >>

    >>A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially after
    >>the fiasco of last month.
    >

    > you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?

    yes. In the month of September, it has gotten funnier.

    berto
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:54:38 +0100, "Old Bear"
    > <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said

    >>> Probably "I need a Bath" if the NGs expereince with the "hardcore" gamer
    >>> is
    >>> anything to go by.
    >>

    >>A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially after
    >>the fiasco of last month.
    >

    > you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?

    Not often, but then again I'm hardly ever here...

    --
    Old Bear

    'It's the Man from Mongoose Hall - do you see?'
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Blackheart said

    > you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?

    I know you love me.

    --
    Rob Singers
    RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Old Bear said

    > A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially
    > after the fiasco of last month.

    Sadly I couldn't find a good English to Latin translator.

    --
    Rob Singers
    RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Foemina Erit Ruina Tua
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Blackheart entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:54:38 +0100, "Old Bear"
    > <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >

    > >"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said

    > >> Probably "I need a Bath" if the NGs expereince with the "hardcore" gamer
    > >> is
    > >> anything to go by.
    > >

    > >A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially after
    > >the fiasco of last month.
    >

    > you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?

    Not really, but we still like to pretend that we do...

    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Jim M said

    >> you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?
    >>
    > Not really, but we still like to pretend that we do...

    Speak for yourself old man.

    --
    Rob Singers
    RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Foemina Erit Ruina Tua
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Jim M said
    >
    >>> you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?
    >>>
    >> Not really, but we still like to pretend that we do...
    >
    > Speak for yourself old man.

    Actually the whole group got a lot funnier when some random jerk called
    Blackheart vanished.... pity he made it back..

    --
    estarriol
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Old Bear said
    >
    >> A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially
    >> after the fiasco of last month.
    >
    > Sadly I couldn't find a good English to Latin translator.

    Purluo egenus.

    --
    Sir Scott "Pardon the grammar... " McDaniel
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Greetings,

    Hey, thanks for the link! Battlegear does sound familiar. I am sorry to
    hear that they stopped doing 40K stuff. The other website is okay, but no
    where near the selection that I remember.

    Thanks anyway.

    Condemned to the Games,
    Scott
    "We fight today because terrorists want to attack our country
    and kill our citizens -- and Iraq is where they are making their stand.
    So we will fight them there.... We will fight them across the world --
    and we will stay in the fight until the fight is won."
    --President George W. Bush
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Greetings,

    I can see the high school mentality is still alive and well on this NG.
    ;-)

    >>>A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially
    >>>after
    the fiasco of last month.<<<

    What happened last month?

    Condemned to the Games,
    Scott
    "We fight today because terrorists want to attack our country
    and kill our citizens -- and Iraq is where they are making their stand.
    So we will fight them there.... We will fight them across the world --
    and we will stay in the fight until the fight is won."
    --President George W. Bush
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Wargamer Scott said

    > What happened last month?

    I wasn't posting and this lot was boring.

    --
    Rob Singers
    RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Foemina Erit Ruina Tua
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Wargamer Scott entered the world pub
    known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I can see the high school mentality is still alive and well on this NG.
    > ;-)

    > the fiasco of last month.<<<
    >
    > What happened last month?

    Well the short version is that out of 437 million out-takes Berto only
    managed to chronicle one, and it wasn't a very good one at that. Now we
    could fire him for that sort of behaviour, but his contract states that only
    someone older then him can fire him, and he's even older then I am, so the
    chances of us finding someone on this group older then Berto just ain't
    going to happen. We could also investigate and put him on a temporary
    suspension of out-take duties, but then it would fall to the next eldest to
    collect them, so I vetoed that idea before it got out of the debate stage.
    So instead we are sweeping it all under Janets living room rug and hoping
    that everyone will think that she just got a new bean bag chair...

    --
    Jim (that explanation aught to make singers head explode) M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:14:58 GMT, Jim M <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:

    >It was a cold day in September when Wargamer Scott entered the world pub
    >known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >

    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> I can see the high school mentality is still alive and well on this NG.
    >> ;-)

    >> the fiasco of last month.<<<
    >>
    >> What happened last month?
    >>

    >Well the short version is that out of 437 million out-takes Berto only
    >managed to chronicle one, and it wasn't a very good one at that. Now we
    >could fire him for that sort of behaviour, but his contract states that only
    >someone older then him can fire him, and he's even older then I am, so the
    >chances of us finding someone on this group older then Berto just ain't
    >going to happen. We could also investigate and put him on a temporary
    >suspension of out-take duties, but then it would fall to the next eldest to
    >collect them, so I vetoed that idea before it got out of the debate stage.
    >So instead we are sweeping it all under Janets living room rug and hoping
    >that everyone will think that she just got a new bean bag chair...

    It's cushiony, it is, then, innit?
    -Erik
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:55:54 +0100, "Old Bear"
    <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:

    >"Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:54:38 +0100, "Old Bear"
    >> <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>A bit tough on Wargamer Scott but an outstanding outtake, especially after
    >>>the fiasco of last month.
    >>

    >> you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?
    >

    >Not often, but then again I'm hardly ever here...

    how's the "game publisher" racket going these days?
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 7 Sep 2005 00:56:08 GMT, Robert Singers
    <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Blackheart said
    >
    >> you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?
    >
    >I know you love me.

    meh... I wouldn't go that far... Is the "All Blacks" all "Island Boys"
    yet? I haven't been able to stay up night recently to watch the Rugby
    games on Fox Sports lately.
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:22:50 +0100, "estarriol"
    <estarriol@blueyonder.jeansNtshirt.co.uk> wrote:

    >"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Jim M said

    >>> Not really, but we still like to pretend that we do...
    >>
    >> Speak for yourself old man.
    >>
    >Actually the whole group got a lot funnier when some random jerk called
    >Blackheart vanished.... pity he made it back..

    So I'm not getting a hug?
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:14:58 GMT, Jim M <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>It was a cold day in September when Wargamer Scott entered the world pub
    >>known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >>

    >>> Greetings,
    >>>
    >>> I can see the high school mentality is still alive and well on this
    >>> NG.
    >>> ;-)

    >>> the fiasco of last month.<<<
    >>>
    >>> What happened last month?
    >>>

    >>Well the short version is that out of 437 million out-takes Berto only
    >>managed to chronicle one, and it wasn't a very good one at that. Now we
    >>could fire him for that sort of behaviour, but his contract states that
    >>only
    >>someone older then him can fire him, and he's even older then I am, so the
    >>chances of us finding someone on this group older then Berto just ain't
    >>going to happen. We could also investigate and put him on a temporary
    >>suspension of out-take duties, but then it would fall to the next eldest
    >>collect them, so I vetoed that idea before it got out of the debate stage.
    >>So instead we are sweeping it all under Janets living room rug and hoping
    >>that everyone will think that she just got a new bean bag chair...
    >
    > It's cushiony, it is, then, innit?

    You have to remember what it felt like to lay in a bean bag, having corn
    bugle chips, real coors, and using a der-der from time to time to know that
    they were cushiony.
    BTW, a der-der is a toilet roll that you poked a hole at the top of the
    roll, smoke an illegal cigarret using the toilet roll as a bong, and when
    you were done, you went around and said "der,der,der". (Historical
    perspective, before the Clinton days). And you can't fire me. I got my AARP
    card.

    berto
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Blackheart said

    > meh... I wouldn't go that far... Is the "All Blacks" all "Island Boys"
    > yet? I haven't been able to stay up night recently to watch the Rugby
    > games on Fox Sports lately.

    By "Island Boys" do you mean Polynesians, i.e Fijians, Tongans, and
    Samoans? If that's what you mean then the answer is no. There are a large
    number of Fijian wingers in bothe the NZ and AU unions but the Polynesian
    style of play doesn't suit all positions.

    But then again we're all Island boys over here anyway ;-)

    --
    Rob Singers
    RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Foemina Erit Ruina Tua
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Berto entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > "Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:14:58 GMT, Jim M <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>It was a cold day in September when Wargamer Scott entered the world pub
    > >>known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > >>Well the short version is that out of 437 million out-takes Berto only
    > >>managed to chronicle one, and it wasn't a very good one at that. Now we
    > >>could fire him for that sort of behaviour, but his contract states that
    > >>only
    > >>someone older then him can fire him, and he's even older then I am, so the
    > >>chances of us finding someone on this group older then Berto just ain't
    > >>going to happen. We could also investigate and put him on a temporary
    > >>suspension of out-take duties, but then it would fall to the next eldest
    > >>collect them, so I vetoed that idea before it got out of the debate stage.
    > >>So instead we are sweeping it all under Janets living room rug and hoping
    > >>that everyone will think that she just got a new bean bag chair...
    > >
    > > It's cushiony, it is, then, innit?
    >
    > You have to remember what it felt like to lay in a bean bag, having corn
    > bugle chips, real coors, and using a der-der from time to time to know that
    > they were cushiony.
    > BTW, a der-der is a toilet roll that you poked a hole at the top of the
    > roll, smoke an illegal cigarret using the toilet roll as a bong, and when
    > you were done, you went around and said "der,der,der". (Historical
    > perspective, before the Clinton days). And you can't fire me. I got my AARP
    > card.

    Toilet roll? You barbarian! A paper towel roll was much more civilized...
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:55:54 +0100, "Old Bear"
    > <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message

    >>> you mean you lot still manage to post something funny?
    >>

    >>Not often, but then again I'm hardly ever here...
    >

    > how's the "game publisher" racket going these days?

    Pretty good. Got a good set of sculptors now and we are developing the
    background for the Skinnies.

    --
    Old Bear

    'It's the Man from Mongoose Hall - do you see?'
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:19:25 -0500, "Berto" <Albertocarro@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >"Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:14:58 GMT, Jim M <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>It was a cold day in September when Wargamer Scott entered the world pub
    >>>known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    >>>Well the short version is that out of 437 million out-takes Berto only
    >>>managed to chronicle one, and it wasn't a very good one at that. Now we
    >>>could fire him for that sort of behaviour, but his contract states that
    >>>only
    >>>someone older then him can fire him, and he's even older then I am, so the
    >>>chances of us finding someone on this group older then Berto just ain't
    >>>going to happen. We could also investigate and put him on a temporary
    >>>suspension of out-take duties, but then it would fall to the next eldest
    >>>collect them, so I vetoed that idea before it got out of the debate stage.
    >>>So instead we are sweeping it all under Janets living room rug and hoping
    >>>that everyone will think that she just got a new bean bag chair...
    >>
    >> It's cushiony, it is, then, innit?
    >
    >You have to remember what it felt like to lay in a bean bag, having corn
    >bugle chips, real coors, and using a der-der from time to time to know that
    >they were cushiony.
    >BTW, a der-der is a toilet roll that you poked a hole at the top of the
    >roll, smoke an illegal cigarret using the toilet roll as a bong, and when
    >you were done, you went around and said "der,der,der". (Historical
    >perspective, before the Clinton days). And you can't fire me. I got my AARP
    >card.

    But what if I decide to use your card for a toke?
    -Erik
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:45:39 +0100, "Old Bear"
    <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:

    >"Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:55:54 +0100, "Old Bear"
    >> <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message

    >>>Not often, but then again I'm hardly ever here...
    >>

    >> how's the "game publisher" racket going these days?
    >

    >Pretty good. Got a good set of sculptors now and we are developing the
    >background for the Skinnies.

    The Skinnies are probably going to be the hardest line to sell for
    that game.
    -Erik
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:45:39 +0100, "Old Bear"
    > <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message

    >>> how's the "game publisher" racket going these days?
    >>

    >>Pretty good. Got a good set of sculptors now and we are developing the
    >>background for the Skinnies.
    >
    > The Skinnies are probably going to be the hardest line to sell for
    > that game.

    On the contrary, even our prototype release blisters went very well. I have
    high hopes for the Skinnies.

    --
    Old Bear

    'It's the Man from Mongoose Hall - do you see?'
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Old Bear" <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote in message

    > "Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:45:39 +0100, "Old Bear"
    >> <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message

    >>>Pretty good. Got a good set of sculptors now and we are developing the
    >>>background for the Skinnies.
    >>
    >> The Skinnies are probably going to be the hardest line to sell for
    >> that game.
    >
    > On the contrary, even our prototype release blisters went very well. I
    > have high hopes for the Skinnies.

    Bought everything but the skinnies. Will try them out. When are the
    dropships dropping in? I know the TAC fighters this month.

    berto
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:00:00 +0100, "Old Bear"
    <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:

    >"Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:45:39 +0100, "Old Bear"
    >> <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Blackheart" <leech@leech.com> wrote in message

    >>>Pretty good. Got a good set of sculptors now and we are developing the
    >>>background for the Skinnies.
    >>
    >> The Skinnies are probably going to be the hardest line to sell for
    >> that game.
    >
    >On the contrary, even our prototype release blisters went very well. I have
    >high hopes for the Skinnies.

    Wow. I've heard a lot of negative reviews of them. But the sales
    figures are the biggest sign of the truth of the matter.

    I'll be honest, I'm not measuring from what I've seen in a game store,
    because the store I frequent most isn't doing so hot selling ST.
    Heck, they're having trouble pushing WM and Confrontation (which they
    just got in), because people want to wait for someone else to be
    playing the game before they'll lay down the money.
    -Erik
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Berto" <Albertocarro@msn.com> wrote in message

    > "Old Bear" <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message

    >>> The Skinnies are probably going to be the hardest line to sell for
    >>> that game.
    >>
    >> On the contrary, even our prototype release blisters went very well. I
    >> have high hopes for the Skinnies.
    >>
    > Bought everything but the skinnies. Will try them out. When are the
    > dropships dropping in? I know the TAC fighters this month.

    Slingshot is having the cockpit carved next week. then it's finished. TAC
    fighter is having to be resculpted so there may be a delay on that. Skyhook
    is finished and on its way to me and the Viking is due very soon. Now I have
    to lie down...

    --
    Old Bear

    'It's the Man from Mongoose Hall - do you see?'
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > "Berto" <Albertocarro@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Old Bear" <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message

    >>> On the contrary, even our prototype release blisters went very well. I
    >>> have high hopes for the Skinnies.
    >>>
    >> Bought everything but the skinnies. Will try them out. When are the
    >> dropships dropping in? I know the TAC fighters this month.
    >

    > Slingshot is having the cockpit carved next week. then it's finished. TAC
    > fighter is having to be resculpted so there may be a delay on that.
    > Skyhook is finished and on its way to me and the Viking is due very soon.
    > Now I have to lie down...

    Oh OBone, good news for me. Will wait for the pics. Nothing I could see
    sooner? ... Nah, that is ok. will wait like the rest. Now, I will lay down.

    berto

Games Video Games