Laserjet 5 Enhanced Driver ?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a problem with my Laserjet 5 when using the "Standard" driver.
It does some odd stuff such as failing to print graphics from MS-Word
and printing boxes around things that don't need boxes around them in
MS Powerpoint.

I cured these problems back when I was using WIN98 by installing the
Laserjet 5 "Enhanced" driver. However, this driver does not seem to be
available for Win2K. (The printer hangs off a win2K server and runs
from win2K workstations.

Any idea where I can get the enhanced driver for win2K? I tried all
the packages at HP.com for win2K but they all include only the
standard driver.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:08:16 +0200, Christian Dürrhauer
<cduerr@geog.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

>you will find what you're looking for here:
>http://makeashorterlink.com/?E6AD210EB

Thanks, I did find those.

>There is no enhanced driver available anywhere and the packages mentioned
>are the most recent.

Hmmm. I know the enhanced driver fixed this under win98. But I also
know I had it working on win2K for quite a while too. I seem to recall
that it was easier in win2K than it was in win98 but it's been a long
time since I did the initial setup. Perhaps the win2K supplied driver
would be better than whatever I've got layered over it direct from HP.

>Also, if your printer only has the standard memory equipment, make sure
>that you switch to 300dpi when printing graphics and such.

I'll try this. I don't think it will help with the current problem
because it even shows up in Print Preview on the client.

Any other advice appreciated,
Bob

Bob,

Insufficient memory in the printer is a very likely cause of odd effects when
printing. How much memory in the computer? If you'd like to buy a 64MB kit of
guaranteed compatible memory, please get in touch. I am running an LJ5 with
64MB and no problems ever... Ben Myers ben_myers@charter.net