This is really a hotmail question but I can't think of anywhere else to post
this question and am hoping that someone can help me. Occasionally friends
send me photos and graphics that are in a .jpg format to my hotmail account.
The attachments indicated they are in a .JPG format but when I try to save
them the only option I get is BMP. I've tried clearing my IE cache, etc. but
it doesn't help. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks,
--
MacKenrick

If it ONLY happens with Hotmail, and the JPGs are sent occasionally: Save the BMP file to
the hard drive, then open it with almost any graphics program (If you do not have third
party graphics software, Paint, which is included with Windows XP will do), then click the
File menu/Save As, and select JPG for the file type. After saving the file as a JPG,
delete the original BMP file (because a BMP file can huge when compared with the same file
in the JPG format).
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Mackenrick" <Mackenrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is really a hotmail question but I can't think of anywhere else to post
> this question and am hoping that someone can help me. Occasionally friends
> send me photos and graphics that are in a .jpg format to my hotmail account.
> The attachments indicated they are in a .JPG format but when I try to save
> them the only option I get is BMP. I've tried clearing my IE cache, etc. but
> it doesn't help. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks,
> --
> MacKenrick

When you deleted the TIFs, did you also check the box to Delete offline
content?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)