[WFB] shock horror - Plastic rat ogres are over-priced

Eighteen quid !???!

You get one sprue in the box.
A few rats, 3 handlers and 2 rat ogres.

Eighteen quid , 40 US dollars - interesting exchange rate there.
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/skaven/catalog/rat_ogres.htm
I came across a pic of the sprues yesterday but can't find the damn thing
today.
Anyhow.
Although the sprues look nice and I can see very useful conversion
possibilities.
18 flippin quid for one sprue.

Could be worse I suppose.
5 quid for each engineer.
I hate those figures as well.
Definitely have to look at a couple of conversions there.

--
Regards,
Andy O'Neill

>Eighteen quid !???!
>
>You get one sprue in the box.
>A few rats, 3 handlers and 2 rat ogres.

The models are also ugly as sin. The same price gets you 6 Ogre Bulls,
so we're supposed to swallow the idea that 3 Skaven and 6 rats are
equivalent to four more Ogres (as little good as there is to say about
the Ogre range, that set at least doesn't seem hideously overpriced) -
somehow I don't think so. There should have been four ogres in the set
along with the rest.

Philip Bowles

Andy O'Neill wrote:
> Eighteen quid !???!

For US 15? Not so good.

> You get one sprue in the box.
> A few rats, 3 handlers and 2 rat ogres.

Oohh. A whole 6 Giant Rats.

> Eighteen quid , 40 US dollars - interesting exchange rate there.

IMO, it's worth 25 USD.

Probably best to buy as part of a Battalion deal, tho I see that's been
bumped to 115 USD. Still, the Battalion has 60 Skaven on top of this set.

> http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/skaven/catalog/rat_ogres.htm
> I came across a pic of the sprues yesterday but can't find the damn thing
> today.
> Anyhow.
> Although the sprues look nice and I can see very useful conversion
> possibilities.
> 18 flippin quid for one sprue.
>
> Could be worse I suppose.
> 5 quid for each engineer.
> I hate those figures as well.
> Definitely have to look at a couple of conversions there.

Not at this price...

\-|-/

"pbowles@aol.com" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in news:1126391156.800821.46910
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>>Eighteen quid !???!
>>
>>You get one sprue in the box.
>>A few rats, 3 handlers and 2 rat ogres.
>
> The models are also ugly as sin. The same price gets you 6 Ogre Bulls,
> so we're supposed to swallow the idea that 3 Skaven and 6 rats are
> equivalent to four more Ogres (as little good as there is to say about
> the Ogre range, that set at least doesn't seem hideously overpriced) -
> somehow I don't think so. There should have been four ogres in the set
> along with the rest.
>
> Philip Bowles

Bizarrely, the Ogre Kingdom range also has a reasonable battalion box - £78
worth of stuff for £50.
Or £45 if you shop online.