Website keeps crashing browser

Hello Everybody
I have a friend who uses Internet Explorer 6.0 without the latest
patches. Every time this person logs on to a particular web page it
crashes their browser. This person has a Compaq Presario tower but
unfortunately, I cannot give you the model number or the exact hardware
specs at this time, although I can tell you it is a very recent model.
The web page they are attempting to view is at the following links:

http://www.merwolf.com/

http://www.merwolf.com/ffiction.html

My friend gets the following message: "Internet Explorer has
encountered an unexpected error and has to close." At this point,
Windows error reporting is actvated giving the option to report or not
report the error. Unfortunately, when you go into the detailed
analysis of what the error is (I haven't figured out how to copy that
so I can't show it to you), it appears that Internet Explorer does not
agree with a certain type of file extension "txt". The error is
constantly reported and we are hoping Microsoft will get around to
fixing this error sometime in the near future. We have informed the
particular web master and they cannot duplicate the error. It should
be noted that this particular web master is an extremely skilled
programmer, so I doubt it is a website glitch and if it is, it will
surprise the hell out of me. If anyone has any advice, I need it ASAP.
Thanks

I looked at the source code for both pages, and there is nothing out of the ordinary. I
didn't see any java scripts or java applets, flash, etc.. Have you scanned the hard drive
of that system with adware/spyware/malware apps?
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

<mig30m6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everybody
> I have a friend who uses Internet Explorer 6.0 without the latest
> patches. Every time this person logs on to a particular web page it
> crashes their browser. This person has a Compaq Presario tower but
> unfortunately, I cannot give you the model number or the exact hardware
> specs at this time, although I can tell you it is a very recent model.
> The web page they are attempting to view is at the following links:
>
> http://www.merwolf.com/
>
> http://www.merwolf.com/ffiction.html
>
> My friend gets the following message: "Internet Explorer has
> encountered an unexpected error and has to close." At this point,
> Windows error reporting is actvated giving the option to report or not
> report the error. Unfortunately, when you go into the detailed
> analysis of what the error is (I haven't figured out how to copy that
> so I can't show it to you), it appears that Internet Explorer does not
> agree with a certain type of file extension "txt". The error is
> constantly reported and we are hoping Microsoft will get around to
> fixing this error sometime in the near future. We have informed the
> particular web master and they cannot duplicate the error. It should
> be noted that this particular web master is an extremely skilled
> programmer, so I doubt it is a website glitch and if it is, it will
> surprise the hell out of me. If anyone has any advice, I need it ASAP.
> Thanks

Oops! I should have said WITH all the latest patches.

mig30m6@hotmail.com wrote:

> I have a friend who uses Internet Explorer 6.0 without the latest
> patches. Every time this person logs on to a particular web page it
> crashes their browser.

Tell your friend to stop visiting that web page.

For additional Internet Explorer assistance:

Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP