Sign in with
Your question

600-800 subwoofer amplifier module

Tags:
Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
June 4, 2011 12:15:33 AM

Im building a subwoofer using an 18" rcf speaker 700watt RMS, I need a simple amplifier module to mount that has balanced inputs, can anyone tell me where can i shop for the module at a fair price? Thanks
June 4, 2011 1:38:51 AM

i have asked for that much power before.
usually there are only three options i can find.
a plate amplifier (and balanced inputs are rare)
a home theater amplifier (usually way too expensive - in the $2,000 - $5,000 range)
a DJ amplifier (usually the amp isnt as clean and clear as i desire.. and sometimes the cost is like $500 - $1,500)

see if you can find a good DJ amplifier, as it is the middle price point and the power should be there.
all you have to do is find one with extra clarity.. otherwise the choices get easier.

i have found, if you want audiophile quality.. you are gonna be looking at $3,000 - $8,000
and i could buy a new car with that much money.. and i could pay my apartment rent for an entire year with that much money.

that is why i have looked for a coupon.
not an actual coupon or something on sale, but something in the middle performance tier that can compete with some of the really expensive gear.
July 16, 2011 1:00:13 AM

2x4nyc said:
Im building a subwoofer using an 18" rcf speaker 700watt RMS, I need a simple amplifier module to mount that has balanced inputs, can anyone tell me where can i shop for the module at a fair price? Thanks

take a look at crown amps.?
!