Shortcut problem

This is a Windows 2000 problem, so I apologize for posting here, but I'm
hoping that someone might recognize this problem and can offer a solution.

On a regular basis, for no apparent reason and without warning, some of my
desktop icon/shortcuts will either disappear or stop working. This is also
true with shortcuts found in my START menu. The only way to have the icons
reappear or to have all shortcuts work properly is to restart my computer.
This problem does not discriminate and will affect, for example, the My
Documents shortcut as well as any program shortcut. Any help would be
greatly appreciated as this is happening very often.

Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about shortcut problem

    Hi Bill,

    I didn't run W2K long enough nor test any of my edits/scripts to know if
    they apply. Good luck!

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Bill W" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > This is a Windows 2000 problem, so I apologize for posting here, but I'm
    > hoping that someone might recognize this problem and can offer a solution.
    >
    > On a regular basis, for no apparent reason and without warning, some of my
    > desktop icon/shortcuts will either disappear or stop working. This is
    > also
    > true with shortcuts found in my START menu. The only way to have the
    > icons
    > reappear or to have all shortcuts work properly is to restart my computer.
    > This problem does not discriminate and will affect, for example, the My
    > Documents shortcut as well as any program shortcut. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated as this is happening very often.
    >
    > Thank you

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows XP