Could anyone please explain why my pages shimmy (hope that is the right
spelling) when I scroll rather than roll. Thank you

Malke

James The First wrote:

> Could anyone please explain why my pages shimmy (hope that is the
> right spelling) when I scroll rather than roll. Thank you

Update your video card drivers. Get them from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Your video adapter drivers probably need to be reinstalled.
Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your video
card adapter and download the latest drivers.

Before installing them, uninstall the old drivers. In your
Control Panel, open the Add or Remove Programs applet
and look for your video drivers to uninstall.

If you happen to have a notebook computer, visit the notebook
manufacturer's support website to download the correct video
adapter drivers for your specific notebook model.

After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
to your liking, then click on Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"James The First" wrote:

| Could anyone please explain why my pages shimmy (hope that is the right
| spelling) when I scroll rather than roll. Thank you

Alias

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote

> Your video adapter drivers probably need to be reinstalled.
> Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your video
> card adapter and download the latest drivers.
>
> Before installing them, uninstall the old drivers. In your
> Control Panel, open the Add or Remove Programs applet
> and look for your video drivers to uninstall.

That would remove the software. I believe one has to go to the Device
Manager to uninstall the drivers, yes?

Alias

> If you happen to have a notebook computer, visit the notebook
> manufacturer's support website to download the correct video
> adapter drivers for your specific notebook model.
>
> After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
> desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
> Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
> to your liking, then click on Apply.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "James The First" wrote:
>
> | Could anyone please explain why my pages shimmy (hope that is the right
> | spelling) when I scroll rather than roll. Thank you

TRENDING THREADS