Scrolling pages

Could anyone please explain why my pages shimmy (hope that is the right
spelling) when I scroll rather than roll. Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about scrolling pages

    James The First wrote:

    > Could anyone please explain why my pages shimmy (hope that is the
    > right spelling) when I scroll rather than roll. Thank you

    Update your video card drivers. Get them from:

    1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
    2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
    3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
    computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

    Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
    drivers.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Your video adapter drivers probably need to be reinstalled.
    Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your video
    card adapter and download the latest drivers.

    Before installing them, uninstall the old drivers. In your
    Control Panel, open the Add or Remove Programs applet
    and look for your video drivers to uninstall.

    If you happen to have a notebook computer, visit the notebook
    manufacturer's support website to download the correct video
    adapter drivers for your specific notebook model.

    After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
    desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
    Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
    to your liking, then click on Apply.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote

    > Your video adapter drivers probably need to be reinstalled.
    > Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your video
    > card adapter and download the latest drivers.
    >
    > Before installing them, uninstall the old drivers. In your
    > Control Panel, open the Add or Remove Programs applet
    > and look for your video drivers to uninstall.

    That would remove the software. I believe one has to go to the Device
    Manager to uninstall the drivers, yes?

    Alias

    > If you happen to have a notebook computer, visit the notebook
    > manufacturer's support website to download the correct video
    > adapter drivers for your specific notebook model.
    >
    > After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
    > desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
    > Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
    > to your liking, then click on Apply.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "James The First" wrote:
    >
    > | Could anyone please explain why my pages shimmy (hope that is the right
    > | spelling) when I scroll rather than roll. Thank you

Microsoft Windows XP