steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Can someone please help me, I am attempting to monitor my childrens access
time on the computer. I have created an account for each in windows XP. Is
there any way to track when and for how long each user has accessed the
computer.

Hi Steve,

Home or Pro? In a Pro system you can set this up using a snap-in. This
option is not present in a Home system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Can someone please help me, I am attempting to monitor my childrens access
> time on the computer. I have created an account for each in windows XP. Is
> there any way to track when and for how long each user has accessed the
> computer.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Sorry I have a XP Pro Vervsion, how and where do i find this snap-in?

thank you

Steve

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Home or Pro? In a Pro system you can set this up using a snap-in. This
> option is not present in a Home system.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone please help me, I am attempting to monitor my childrens access
> > time on the computer. I have created an account for each in windows XP. Is
> > there any way to track when and for how long each user has accessed the
> > computer.

Hi Steve,

Start/run mmc /a

Add a group policy, set it to watch logons. From the Help & Support files:

Click Start, click Run, type mmc /a (note the space between mmc and /a), and
then click OK.
On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then click Add.
Under Snap-in, click Group Policy, and then click Add.
In Select Group Policy Object, select Local Computer, click Finish, click
Close, and then click OK.

In Console Root, select Local Computer Policy, and then click Audit Policy.
Local Computer Policy
Computer Configuration
Windows Settings
Security Settings
Local Policies
Audit Policy
In the details pane, right-click the attribute or event you want to audit.
In Properties, select the options you want, and then click OK.

--

> Sorry I have a XP Pro Vervsion, how and where do i find this snap-in?
>
> thank you
>
> Steve
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Home or Pro? In a Pro system you can set this up using a snap-in. This
>> option is not present in a Home system.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can someone please help me, I am attempting to monitor my childrens
>> > access
>> > time on the computer. I have created an account for each in windows XP.
>> > Is
>> > there any way to track when and for how long each user has accessed the
>> > computer.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:36:04 -0700, "Steve"
<Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can someone please help me, I am attempting to monitor my childrens access
>time on the computer. I have created an account for each in windows XP. Is
>there any way to track when and for how long each user has accessed the
>computer.

Technology is not a cure for watching your children's usage. It can
never replace good parenting.