Memory - Latitude C800

I have a Latitude C800. Currently it has two 128 mb memory modules. Is
it possible to put in a single 512 mb module. If so, what brand is
recommended?

"Victor Chapman" <vicottawa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I have a Latitude C800. Currently it has two 128 mb memory modules. Is it
>possible to put in a single 512 mb module. If so, what brand is
>recommended?

www.crucial.com

www.4allmemory.com

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

> "Victor Chapman" <vicottawa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>I have a Latitude C800. Currently it has two 128 mb memory modules. Is it
>>possible to put in a single 512 mb module. If so, what brand is
>>recommended?
>

> www.crucial.com
>
> www.4allmemory.com
>

> Stew

And yes, you should be able to use a single 512mb SODIMM in that system.

> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Victor Chapman" <vicottawa@sympatico.ca> wrote in
>> message
>>>I have a Latitude C800. Currently it has two 128 mb
>>>memory modules. Is it possible to put in a single 512 mb
>>>module. If so, what brand is recommended?
>>

>> www.crucial.com
>>
>> www.4allmemory.com
>>

>> Stew
>>

> And yes, you should be able to use a single 512mb SODIMM
> in that system.
>

> Stew

Not according to both Crucial, 4allmemory and Dell.
256 per slot, 512 total.

"Pen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Victor Chapman" <vicottawa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>>

>>> www.crucial.com
>>>
>>> www.4allmemory.com
>>>

>>> Stew
>>>

>> And yes, you should be able to use a single 512mb SODIMM in that system.
>>

>> Stew
>
> Not according to both Crucial, 4allmemory and Dell.
> 256 per slot, 512 total.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc800/en/ug/specs.htm#memory

As does Dell. Mea culpa. I wrongly assumed that since the C610 would hold
1024mb, then the larger C800 would also.

Stew