[FW] Anphelion station

"Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:dh1gpj$kes$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
>
> Not bad, I like the landing pad. Cue comments on pricing.
>
> Rob

What can I say but, wow. I need to win the lottery so I can buy a few and
then send some to the better painters of RGMW.

"Dear Santa. All I want for xmas.......

berto

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2002

"trakad" <trakad@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
>>
>> Not bad, I like the landing pad. Cue comments on pricing.
>>
>> Rob
>>
> What can I say but, wow. I need to win the lottery so I can buy a few and
> then send some to the better painters of RGMW.
>
> "Dear Santa. All I want for xmas.......
Ainsty Banner has the cheaper version of the ForgeWorld and not too bad.
Here is the addy;
http://www.ainsty.co.uk/

berto

In article <dh1gpj$kes$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Williams,
mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
>
> Not bad, I like the landing pad.

I'd agree on the landing pad. I don't know about some of the
other stuff. I like the gothic feel, but some of it is just so visually
busy that there's no focus area for the eye to rest on (at least the way
the example pieces are painted). It gives it a seriously cluttered look
in a way that doesn't of nessecity add to the gothic feel. The landing
pad being a lot less busy is more to my liking. That being said,
there's nothing awful about the outside detail of the other buildings -
they're just a bit busy for my tastes. I would readily acknowledge that
the inside detail is damn skippy nice!

> Cue comments on pricing.
>
> Rob

Holy Shite ~ Jihad Man! 625 GBP / $1100+ US dollars - OUCH! Most
people would be happy buying TWO ARMYS for that kind of scratch. Even
the landing pad is a bit steep at 80 GBP / $142 US. That kind of money
buys A LOT of materials for scratching building A LOT your own terrain.

Myr :)

--
He really should pay us for that you know, you can't just have any old
yob carrying on these traditions.

- Kurt

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

> I'd agree on the landing pad. I don't know about some of the
> other stuff.

I like the disection table as well. I'd like some of the arms from it for a
tech priest conversion.

Rob

That Ainsty stuff looks great. Has anyone bought from them yet to tell
us what the quality is like. It looks superb and a great price too.

In article <1127557823.977856.165860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
StevieEvs@hotmail.com, StevieEvs@hotmail.com Varfed out the following in
Timo speak...
> That Ainsty stuff looks great. Has anyone bought from them yet to tell
> us what the quality is like. It looks superb and a great price too.

No, but I've been awfully tempted to. I've looked over a number
of their urban terrain type items like the wrecked cars and such that
would look ideal as detail for a city fight board. Might have to
splurge for some non home-made terrain from one of these light years
since Armorcast discountinued a lot of their line. (And it's to bad
about the AC stuff - I've go one of their ruined chapel sets and it's
very nice interms of detail and quality.)

Myr

--
"I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

-- Moramarth

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

Estarriol

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> In article <1127557823.977856.165860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> StevieEvs@hotmail.com, StevieEvs@hotmail.com Varfed out the following in
> Timo speak...
>> That Ainsty stuff looks great. Has anyone bought from them yet to tell
>> us what the quality is like. It looks superb and a great price too.
>
> No, but I've been awfully tempted to. I've looked over a number
> of their urban terrain type items like the wrecked cars and such that
> would look ideal as detail for a city fight board. Might have to
> splurge for some non home-made terrain from one of these light years
> since Armorcast discountinued a lot of their line. (And it's to bad
> about the AC stuff - I've go one of their ruined chapel sets and it's
> very nice interms of detail and quality.)
>
> Myr
>
A|insty stiff is well molded top quality stuff. There sewer range is
excellent.

--
estarriol

> That Ainsty stuff looks great. Has anyone bought from them yet to tell
> us what the quality is like. It looks superb and a great price too.

A few friends have...and they swear by the quality (as opposed to swear *at*
when it comes to forgeworld... ;) )
Friendly company, from what I've been told, willing to listen to customers,
even done requests! :D

--
Daniel Blakemore
Mini Gallery #1 - http://www.rottenlead.com/copper/thumbnails.php?album=8
#2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
#3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne

asdf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:27:03 +0000 (UTC), "Daniel \"Naughty
Tentacles\" Blakemore" <Daniel.Blakemore@nospam.btopenworld.com>
wrote:

>> That Ainsty stuff looks great. Has anyone bought from them yet to tell
>> us what the quality is like. It looks superb and a great price too.
>
>A few friends have...and they swear by the quality (as opposed to swear *at*
>when it comes to forgeworld... ;) )
>Friendly company, from what I've been told, willing to listen to customers,
>even done requests! :D

I have purchased several of their pieces. I am pleased with their
quality. They have have also been pleasant to deal with when piexes
arrived broken. I would buy from them again, especially if their
costs would lower

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:55:48 -0700, asdf <joe@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have purchased several of their pieces. I am pleased with their
>quality. They have have also been pleasant to deal with when piexes
>arrived broken. I would buy from them again, especially if their
>costs would lower

Sorry about the above post, first time I have posted with this client
software.

- Jeff

Robert Williams wrote:
> http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
>
> Not bad, I like the landing pad.

It's OK, but not worth buying as resin. The Tallarn Snipers, and Type 2
Scorpion are clearly superior.

> Cue comments on pricing.

Not necessary. The terrain is so obviously overpriced it isn't even funny.

\-|-/

"John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
> Robert Williams wrote:
>> http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
>>
>> Not bad, I like the landing pad.
>
> It's OK, but not worth buying as resin. The Tallarn Snipers, and Type 2
> Scorpion are clearly superior.

I got the Tallarn snipers at GDUK today, they are suprisingly nice.

Rob

>> Robert Williams wrote:
>>> http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__1...
>>>
>>> Not bad, I like the landing pad.
>>

>> It's OK, but not worth buying as resin. The Tallarn Snipers, and Type 2
>> Scorpion are clearly superior.
>

>I got the Tallarn snipers at GDUK today, they are suprisingly nice.

Why surprising? The Elysians were pretty good too, though the Tallarn
Snipers are their best IG to date IMO - if you have a spare fortune FW
makes great IG infantry.

<pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> It's OK, but not worth buying as resin. The Tallarn Snipers, and Type 2
>>> Scorpion are clearly superior.
>>

>>I got the Tallarn snipers at GDUK today, they are suprisingly nice.
>
> Why surprising?

They are more detailed than they look in the pictures on the FW website.

Rob

Craig wrote on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:39:40 -0400:

> "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message news:h6pZe.8496$y64.7592@trnddc06...
>> Robert Williams wrote:
>>> http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
>>>
> How many years has it been, and they still can't spell quartermaster
> right.

How do you know it is a typo? Maybe it's supposed to be Quater :p

:p

Dan

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
> Craig wrote on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:39:40 -0400:
>
>> How many years has it been, and they still can't spell quartermaster
>> right.
>
> How do you know it is a typo? Maybe it's supposed to be Quater :p

A slight discrepancy in the translation from Imperial Gothic, perhaps? :p
--
Jon Hedge,
"The chances are, I said it in jest."

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org

In article <433882ee$0$24186$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au>, Jon Hedge, ihug.com.au@dopefish Varfed out the
following in Timo speak...

> "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Craig wrote on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:39:40 -0400:
> >
> >> How many years has it been, and they still can't spell quartermaster
> >> right.
> >
> > How do you know it is a typo? Maybe it's supposed to be Quater :p
> >

> A slight discrepancy in the translation from Imperial Gothic, perhaps? :p

Either that or their web master is from New York and uses the
'Hooked on Phonics' method...

Myr ;)