That is perfectly normal, since Windows XP is an operating
system and EXCEL is an application that is and always has
been an optional purchase. You don't have WORD, ACCESS,
OUTLOOK either, unless you bought them.

Buy OFFICE or just EXCEL.

some support

In news:47E21711-603C-4AC4-BEA3-97E972DF2F6E@microsoft.com,
plentifulspy <plentifulspy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I cant find excel in my windows xp

Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever
included Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or any other
significant application software. Such programs have to be
bought, either by themselves or as part of Microsoft Office.

If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows,
came with Excel, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it
as part of the package he sold you, not because that version of
Windows came with it. Some, but not all, vendors do the same with
Windows XP.

However, if all you want to do is view existing Excel
spreadsheets, rather than create them yourself, you don't need a
copy of Excel. You can download a free Excel viewer at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C8378BF4-996C-4569-B547-75EDBD03AAF0&displaylang=en

or

http://tinyurl.com/6tss3

Please reply to the newsgroup

"plentifulspy" <plentifulspy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cant find excel in my windows xp

No MS Excel (or MS Office for that matter) comes with WinXP or any MS
operating system. I know, it sux, for the price you pay for the operating
system you'd think your getting an office package with it. Sounds like you
got the 'bummer blues' when you discovered it's not the case, got a friend
who has got a copy of Office? The alternative is to buy it, that is if you
specifically want MS Office.

- Winux P

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 01:59:08 -0700, plentifulspy
<plentifulspy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I cant find excel in my windows xp

I can top that. I couldn't find Windows XP on my new SATA drive when
I took it out of the box and put in my computer.

I can top that, I have not won the lottery jackpot (yet).

some support