Sign in with
Your question

DVD burner writes slower on SATA than on PATA

Last response: in Storage
October 2, 2005 11:38:22 AM

Hi,

I have a DVD burner, Sony DRU700A, and it burns files much more slowly from the SATA drive than from the PATA drive...
It took me 27 minutes to burn DVD files which were located on the SATA drive, and it took me just 9 minutes to burn the exact same files from the PATA drive, using the same DVD media and the same writing speed.

How could that be?
I got a Pentium 4 2.6GHZ, Jetway m/board 865 chipset, 1GB DDR400 SDRAM, Western Digital 80GB PATA drive, Western Digital 160GB SATA II drive, Sony DRU700A DVD burner which is attached to the same IDE cable of the PATA drive.

Thanks,
Udi
October 5, 2005 3:31:12 AM

No, he didn't. Reread what he says, he's talking about an SATA and PATA hard drive as the source.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 5, 2005 10:11:05 AM

Most i865 come with ICH5 supporting two SATA drives.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 6, 2005 9:14:37 PM

yeah try and get the better driver for the SATA drive. Check motherboard website or harddrive manufac website. Should atleast get the same speed if not faster. Don't forget to restart when you install the new drivers lol..

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
!