Status
Not open for further replies.

dividedbyno1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Sorry about that

1_What is your budget? 1000-2000$

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15in and higher screen size

3_What screen resolution do you want? Good fo newer hd games

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? NO

5_How much battery life do you need? no object

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Modern Wrfare 2, New RTS games ANd newer FPS at medium to high

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) music listening

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
300+
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Newegg Tigerdirect

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Optimistically 5 yrs or more

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13_What country do you live in?
USA

neilnh

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
Best new gaming laptop at that price point is going to be the Asus G60VX or the Gateway P7915 at Best Buy. Both have GTX 260m GPUs and have the best value until you get up to the $1500 or more price range.

dividedbyno1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
so that sager is one of the best affordable gaming laptops im guessing? It would be able to play the newest games at high quality?

dividedbyno1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
sorry for double post but would the processors on the two neilnh gave me be able to handle advanced graphics on games to come ? And also the processing speed on the sager is 1.6Ghz. WOuld that be fast enough for new games or is that even faster than a 3.0ghz core 2 duo?

dividedbyno1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Now I'm faced with a dilemna. My budget for a laptop has been cut down to less than 1200$. MAziar or anyone else would you recommend the gateway P7915? HOw would it handle these newer games?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
For $1200au

i baught a hp pavilon 16" 16:9 @ 1366*768 and am very happy with it. Use it for lanning with mates n stuff. The screen might be a little too small for your liking though.

Specs:
Vista home premium 32bit - i know, dont go there. It works well anyway despite the limited memory ;P
intel duo P8700 @ 2.53ghz
500gb 5400rpm hdd
4gig ram
ati 4650 with dedicated 1gig ddr3

It plays nfs shift very well and all of my other games, including hl2, quake 4 and doom3 on highest settings and 4x aa.

With it's maximum res of 1366*768 the performance it gives is expected. Albeit with the size of the screen and it's finer pixels, its good enough picture and enough performance space to bump up the aa's and stuff :)

The laptops suggested above look nice too, good luck.

The Gateway will handle just about every game with good settings. Just about the only title you will have trouble with is Crysis, but most desktops struggle with that game.

dividedbyno1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Thanks for that> I just want to be sure before I buy that I can play all my favorite games

Status
Not open for further replies.