Remote Wakeup

Hi, cruising around the BIOS settings on my Dell GX270 the other day and
came across a Remote Wake-up thingy turned on

My understanding is that (somehow) i could turn my computer on using another
computer on the network. If so can somebody tell me how you acheive this?

Thanks

Jayso
2 answers Last reply
More about remote wakeup

    In article <ejWLwaolFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Jayso"
    <jayso_chinnery@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >Hi, cruising around the BIOS settings on my Dell GX270 the other day and
    >came across a Remote Wake-up thingy turned on
    >
    >My understanding is that (somehow) i could turn my computer on using another
    >computer on the network. If so can somebody tell me how you acheive this?
    >
    >Thanks

    Do a web search for "wake on LAN" and "magic packet".
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Jayso wrote:

    > Hi, cruising around the BIOS settings on my Dell GX270 the other day and
    > came across a Remote Wake-up thingy turned on
    >
    > My understanding is that (somehow) i could turn my computer on using another
    > computer on the network. If so can somebody tell me how you acheive this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    See menu at left side here for both description of the technology
    and some free tools:

    http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Computers Microsoft Windows XP