Hi, cruising around the BIOS settings on my Dell GX270 the other day and
came across a Remote Wake-up thingy turned on

My understanding is that (somehow) i could turn my computer on using another
computer on the network. If so can somebody tell me how you acheive this?

Thanks

Jayso

Jayso wrote:

> Hi, cruising around the BIOS settings on my Dell GX270 the other day and
> came across a Remote Wake-up thingy turned on
>
> My understanding is that (somehow) i could turn my computer on using another
> computer on the network. If so can somebody tell me how you acheive this?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

See menu at left side here for both description of the technology
and some free tools:

http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

In article <ejWLwaolFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Jayso"
<jayso_chinnery@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi, cruising around the BIOS settings on my Dell GX270 the other day and
>came across a Remote Wake-up thingy turned on
>
>My understanding is that (somehow) i could turn my computer on using another
>computer on the network. If so can somebody tell me how you acheive this?
>
>Thanks

Do a web search for "wake on LAN" and "magic packet".
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com