New user account will not work

When I create a new user account and go to access it - its says that profile
does not exist and will give me a default user access only. Which is useless.
Cannot anyone help.
6 answers Last reply
More about user account work

    Hi

    Are you trying to create a Limited User Account or an Administrative
    Account? Does the same problem occer with both kinds of Account?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Meggles" <Meggles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I create a new user account and go to access it - its says that
    > profile
    > does not exist and will give me a default user access only. Which is
    > useless.
    > Cannot anyone help.

    It happens on any user account I create, Limited, admin, even guest account.

    Meggles wrote on Mon, 1 Aug 2005:

    >When I create a new user account and go to access it - its says that profile
    >does not exist and will give me a default user access only. Which is useless.
    >Cannot anyone help.

    Hi Meggles

    When you say you "go to access it" -- do you mean log into it, or look
    at the folders belonging to that user profile? The folder structure
    isn't created until you have logged into the new user account for the
    first time.

    --
    Nightowl

    When I go to the welcome screen and log on via the new user account, it gives
    a message, something like ...cannot find/read profile, logging on as a
    default user. (default means no access to a number of things). Its as if it
    is not recognising the new user.

    Meggles

    "Nightowl" wrote:

    > Meggles wrote on Mon, 1 Aug 2005:
    >
    > >When I create a new user account and go to access it - its says that profile
    > >does not exist and will give me a default user access only. Which is useless.
    > >Cannot anyone help.
    >

    > Hi Meggles
    >
    > When you say you "go to access it" -- do you mean log into it, or look
    > at the folders belonging to that user profile? The folder structure
    > isn't created until you have logged into the new user account for the
    > first time.
    >
    > --
    > Nightowl

    CAN NO ONE HELP ME.
    USER ACCOUNT NOT WORKING WHEN I CLICK ON USER ON WELCOME SCREEN IT SAYS
    CANNOT FIND PROFILE. HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ASSISTANCE FOR WEEKS....PLS PLS
    OFFER SOME ASSISTANCE.. (CAPITALS NOT YELLING JUST TRYING TO GET SOMEONE'S
    ATTENTION"! THANKS HEAPS

    Meggles wrote on Sat, 20 Aug 2005:

    >CAN NO ONE HELP ME.
    >USER ACCOUNT NOT WORKING WHEN I CLICK ON USER ON WELCOME SCREEN IT SAYS
    >CANNOT FIND PROFILE. HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ASSISTANCE FOR WEEKS....PLS PLS
    >OFFER SOME ASSISTANCE.. (CAPITALS NOT YELLING JUST TRYING TO GET SOMEONE'S
    >ATTENTION"! THANKS HEAPS

    Hey Meggles, I can hear you! :-)

    Okay. . . now is it one particular user account that is the problem? Or
    do you get it with any that you create? In other words, have you tried
    creating other user accounts, apart from the problem one?

    Can you say exactly what you did to create the account? What level of
    privileges did you give it?

    Are you using XP Pro or Home? Can you access the built-in Administrator
    account?

    --
    Nightowl

Default Microsoft Windows XP