Hello,

My client's task bar docked itself to the left side of his screen and would
like it returned to the bottom. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

In news:%23yZRv2olFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Mark A. Sam <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> typed:

> My client's task bar docked itself to the left side of his
> screen and
> would like it returned to the bottom. Anyone know how to do
> this?

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the
screen, it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move
it from any side to another, simply click on an unused part of it
and drag it where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not
on the edge; clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on
it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Hi

Try left-dragging with the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Then right
click on it and select 'Lock the Taskbar'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My client's task bar docked itself to the left side of his screen and
> would
> like it returned to the bottom. Anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks and God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam

Hello Will,

I tried dragging it, and it didn't go. I think this happened to me before
and that is what I did, but I didn't have any success this time. I am able
to drag mine, however without a problem. He is using Windows 2003 and I am
usint XP. I wonder if that may be the issue.

God Bless,

Mark

> Hi
>
> Try left-dragging with the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Then right
> click on it and select 'Lock the Taskbar'.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > My client's task bar docked itself to the left side of his screen and
> > would
> > like it returned to the bottom. Anyone know how to do this?
> >
> > Thanks and God Bless,
> >
> > Mark A. Sam

Right click it and make sure it is not locked.

Also, sometimes I find it easier to go in the opposite direction and
circumnavigate the screen.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Hello Will,
>
> I tried dragging it, and it didn't go. I think this happened to me before
> and that is what I did, but I didn't have any success this time. I am
> able
> to drag mine, however without a problem. He is using Windows 2003 and I
> am
> usint XP. I wonder if that may be the issue.
>
> God Bless,
>
> Mark

>> Hi
>>
>> Try left-dragging with the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Then right
>> click on it and select 'Lock the Taskbar'.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > My client's task bar docked itself to the left side of his screen and
>> > would
>> > like it returned to the bottom. Anyone know how to do this?
>> >
>> > Thanks and God Bless,
>> >
>> > Mark A. Sam

Hello Rick,

I check for a locked toolbar. It isn't. I just tried your method to move
it to the opposite direction, but it won't budge from its seat.

God Bless,

Mark

> Right click it and make sure it is not locked.
>
> Also, sometimes I find it easier to go in the opposite direction and
> circumnavigate the screen.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
> > Hello Will,
> >
> > I tried dragging it, and it didn't go. I think this happened to me
before
> > and that is what I did, but I didn't have any success this time. I am
> > able
> > to drag mine, however without a problem. He is using Windows 2003 and I
> > am
> > usint XP. I wonder if that may be the issue.
> >
> > God Bless,
> >
> > Mark
> >

> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try left-dragging with the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Then
right
> >> click on it and select 'Lock the Taskbar'.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message

Lock it. Reboot. Unlock it. Now try to move it.

I swear, the taskbar is ticklish or something. Put a 3-year-old in front of
the computer, and by randomly smacking and pushing the mouse, the taskbar
moves somewhere. But an adult tries it, and it won't budge. Sometimes it's
just a matter of where you grab the darned thing. And make sure you're
clicking and holding the left mouse button.

I've seen people struggle with this for the longest time, but when I do it,
it just works. I can't tell you what they're doing wrong or what I'm doing
right, either. It all looks the same to me.

I think MS needs to add an option to dock the taskbar top, left, right, or
bottom :)

> Hello Rick,
>
> I check for a locked toolbar. It isn't. I just tried your method to move
> it to the opposite direction, but it won't budge from its seat.
>
> God Bless,
>
> Mark

>> Right click it and make sure it is not locked.
>>
>> Also, sometimes I find it easier to go in the opposite direction and
>> circumnavigate the screen.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
>> > Hello Will,
>> >
>> > I tried dragging it, and it didn't go. I think this happened to me
> before
>> > and that is what I did, but I didn't have any success this time. I am
>> > able
>> > to drag mine, however without a problem. He is using Windows 2003 and
>> > am
>> > usint XP. I wonder if that may be the issue.
>> >
>> > God Bless,
>> >
>> > Mark
>> >

>> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

> right

Hi Mark

Windows Server 2003?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
> Hello Will,
>
> I tried dragging it, and it didn't go. I think this happened to me before
> and that is what I did, but I didn't have any success this time. I am
> able
> to drag mine, however without a problem. He is using Windows 2003 and I
> am
> usint XP. I wonder if that may be the issue.
>
> God Bless,
>
> Mark

>> Hi
>>
>> Try left-dragging with the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Then right
>> click on it and select 'Lock the Taskbar'.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > My client's task bar docked itself to the left side of his screen and
>> > would
>> > like it returned to the bottom. Anyone know how to do this?
>> >
>> > Thanks and God Bless,
>> >
>> > Mark A. Sam

Actually it is, but isn't there a client 2003? Maybe I am wrong about that.

> Hi Mark
>
> Windows Server 2003?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
> > Hello Will,
> >
> > I tried dragging it, and it didn't go. I think this happened to me
before
> > and that is what I did, but I didn't have any success this time. I am
> > able
> > to drag mine, however without a problem. He is using Windows 2003 and I
> > am
> > usint XP. I wonder if that may be the issue.
> >
> > God Bless,
> >
> > Mark
> >

> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try left-dragging with the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Then
right
> >> click on it and select 'Lock the Taskbar'.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message

Ken,

I got it thanks... I finally got to sit down without the client pacing back
and forth, pulling his hair out, and got it to move.

God Bless,

Mark

In news:e%2335aNslFHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Mark A. Sam <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> typed:

> I got it thanks... I finally got to sit down without the
> client
> pacing back and forth, pulling his hair out, and got it to
> move.

Glad to hear it, and you're welcome.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> In news:%23yZRv2olFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> Mark A. Sam <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> typed:
>>
>>> My client's task bar docked itself to the left side of his
>>> screen and
>>> would like it returned to the bottom. Anyone know how to do
>>> this?
>>

>> Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the
>> screen, it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To
>> move
>> it from any side to another, simply click on an unused part of
>> it
>> and drag it where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it,
>> not
>> on the edge; clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it
>>
>> If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click
>> on
>> it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Hi

Try a System Restore back to a point before the problem started.