dimension 2400 motherboard question

I am working on a pc for a friend and his dell is about 3 months past due on
the warranty. He had a cpu go bad, so i ordered him a new one. When i went
to put the new one in, i noticed that a pin was missing, and it was still
stuck in the motherboard socket. I tried making sure that the socket arm
was open, and shaking the case to get it to drop out. I also tried to
shopvac it out, still no luck, any ideas on how i might get this out? If
not is there a way to decrypt the motherboard info to be able to order an
exact motherboard, without dell rapeing my friend on a replacement board.

It is a dell dimension 2400 with a 2.4 gig celeron processor, 400 mghtz fsb
and a 128 meg stick of ddr ram.

Thanx, in advance, for any information you can share with me
James Johnson

What about the warranty on the CPU itself? I assume you have tried blowing
the pin out with a blast of compressed air?